41. Us Under The Moon

⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅

.⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.

"Jeonghan, a cozy pizza place would be just as nice for me. You don't need to go all out with this expensive restaurant," she said, as he casually rested his head on his palm, his elbow propped on the table.

He gazed at her, captivated by her effortless beauty. She appeared to wear minimal makeup, yet she looked absolutely stunning.

Her hair cascaded gently over her shoulders, and her plump lips boasted a subtle gloss, while a hint of rosy tint adorned her adorable cheeks.

He appeared entranced, as if caught in a spell, unable to look away from her. Her eyes, her cute nose, her pierced ears, her black hair, and then her lips...Everything about h-

"Hello, earth to Jeonghan?" she said, waving her hand in front of his face in an attempt to regain his attention. Unknown to her, he was already entirely focused on her.

"Oh?" he responded, quickly regaining his composure.

Witnessing his starry-eyed expression, she couldn't help but chuckle, finding him so adorable.

"I can't help myself. Your beauty is practically criminal," he uttered with a serious air, prompting more laughter from her.

"Seriously, I'm being for real," he chuckled, observing her amusement with a smile.

She hummed sarcastically as their gazes locked onto each other.

"Hey, I heard your mom's going dress shopping for the wedding tomorrow. You planning to join her?" he asked.

She sighed before responding, "No, Soomin is going with her. We've already discussed it."

"With Soomin or your mom?" Jeonghan asked, sensing that this might be a subject that made her feel overwhelmed.

"Soomin. I haven't spoken to my mom since then," she replied, absentmindedly playing with the fork.

Jeonghan looked at her for a few moments before his hand met hers, gently caressing the back of her hand. "Hey, it's alright. You can talk to me," he spoke softly.

She gave him a small smile. "No, let's not. I don't want to spoil our date," she replied.

"Why would you think that, baby? Talking about your feelings doesn't spoil our date," he responded promptly, his gaze softening.

"Let's enjoy our meal first, and afterward, we can have a chat. The sea is right here beside us. How about a walk while we talk about the thoughts in your pretty mind?" he suggested, lowering his head to catch her gaze.

She simply nodded, her heart fluttering at his sweet words. It had been so long since she felt this way, her heart nearly escaping her ribcage, her lips unable to resist the urge to smile.

But she loved it. She loved the feeling.

Like any other girl, she just wanted to be loved. Perhaps her seemingly cold personality made her appear like she had a black hole in her chest.