33. Take The Risk

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

The resonant growl of Ara's motorcycle echoed through the entire school as she arrived, fashionably late, of course. 

Opting for discretion, she parked behind the school, precisely in the spot where fate had first introduced her to Jeonghan.

As she removed her helmet, a nostalgic sigh escaped her lips, the memories of that day flooding back. The events of last night present in her thoughts, marked by unanswered messages and missed calls from Jeonghan. 

Aware of the chaos that often accompanied him, Ara couldn't shake the disquiet feeling that had settled within her since the previous night—a feeling that had prompted her to insist he keep his distance.

As Ara drifted in her messy thoughts, still astride her motorcycle, an unseen observer fixated on her silhouette. 

Leaning against the wall with a cigarette smoldering between his fingers, bags heavy under tired eyes, a mysterious figure lingered behind her, cloaked in the tendrils of cigarette smoke.

His eyes meticulously observed every detail of her silhouette, tracing the unyielding perfection of her back. 

He carefully watched her every move, noticing how her hair remained immaculate despite the recent restriction of a helmet.

Her figure atop the motorcycle seemed to define perfection, a balletic harmony between woman and machine.

She sighed once more and hopped off the motorcycle. As she turned around, there he was. His eyes already locked onto her with an intense gaze.

Ara and Jeonghan locked their gazes in a wordless exchange, holding each other's gaze for a brief moment. 

Jeonghan, cigarette still in hand, became enveloped in the tendrils of smoke, a visual metaphor for the complexities that persisted between them.

Ara pulled her gaze away from his, a sudden sense of self-consciousness encompassing her as the intensity in his eyes made her fell small and vulnerable.

She turned on her heels, a torrent of emotions raging within her, and started walking away from him.

Jeonghan remained rooted in place, his eyes tracing her departure. His eyes followed her until she disappeared around a corner.

He took a contemplative drag from his cigarette, the ember glowing momentarily brighter.

 Why, he wondered, did he feel this way? The rational part of him clung to resentment, a well-practiced emotion he had cultivated over time. 

Yet, an unsettling feeling of something else, something he couldn't quite name, persisted in his mind.

As he took another drag from his cigarette, the bitter taste mixed with the bitter taste of his unsolved emotions.