45. Ink Of Freedom

˚◞♡ ⃗ *ೃ༄

. ˚◞♡ ⃗ *ೃ༄

Ara gently turned the doorknob, the door creaking open to reveal Jeonghan at the end of the bed, deep in contemplation.

Her soothing presence disrupted the flow of his thoughts, prompting his eyes to meet hers. A subtle smile graced his lips as they connected gazes in a silent exchange.

He extended a welcoming gesture, inviting her to join him by patting the space beside him. With a soft sigh, she acquiesced and settled into the seat he had offered.

"Did she fall asleep?" he asked, his words carrying a hint of tiredness.

Ara hummed softly as his hand delicately traced her cheek, gently tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Did she share anything with you? What's going on with her?" he asked, his eyes practically pleading for her to divulge the details.

"She just...didn't say anything," Ara chose not to disclose to Jeonghan the words his sister had spoken, believing Soomin might not have been fully aware of what she was saying.

Jeonghan sighed, running a hand through his disheveled hair. "This girl is going to be the death of me," he mumbled.

Ara's hand reached for his back, gently caressing it in an attempt to provide the best amount of comfort.

"I should have taken her to the hospital, Ara," he said, his gaze now fixed on the person beside him.

"Jeonghan, trust me, it's better this way," she assured, continuing to stroke his back.

He furrowed his brows, deciding not to conceal his curiosity any longer.

"Why do you keep saying it's better not to go to the hospital? I mentioned it in the car, and you advised against it. Why?" he asked, his tone demanding an explanation as his eyes remained fixed on hers.

She sighed. "Jeonghan," she began, her hands finding their way to his and bringing them into her lap, holding his cold hands tightly.

"The way she acted was strange. There wasn't any sign of physical harm, as you saw. I'm concerned she might have been...high. And before you react, please hear me out. It's possible she wasn't even aware she was drugged. Nowadays, going to clubs can be risky because of this," she explained.

Jeonghan looked at her, seeking understanding through her eyes.

"Recall Dokeyom's party? After just one cocktail, I woke up the next morning with no recollection of the night before. I am pretty sure I was drugged that night. What if you hadn't been there? Just like you mentioned that morning, someone could have taken advantage of me," she revealed, a knot forming in Jeonghan's throat, momentarily halting his heartbeat.

That day...

"I acted so immature that morning, suspecting you were the one trying to take advantage of me," she let out a light chuckle, leaving Jeonghan unable to utter a word.