26. Face To Face

✧˖*°࿐

✧˖*°࿐

The journey passed swiftly, and the final day had arrived.

Throughout the trip, Ara found herself engaged in a battle with Jeonghan over the hotel room. Despite her efforts, they ended up having to share it anyway.

For Ara, it proved to be a tiring experience as Jeonghan seemed relentless with his teasing. The only one reveling in this tug-of-war was, undoubtedly, Jeonghan himself.

While he enjoyed the moments during the trip, savoring the chance to grow closer to Ara as part of his plan, a lingering worry tugged at his thoughts.

His concern revolved around his sister, Soomin.

Upon returning home after the trip, Jeonghan planned to have a serious talk with his sister.

He grasped the complexity of her current struggles, navigating the challenges of adolescence coupled with the added burden of their mother's situation.

Despite understanding that she was going through a teenage phase, Jeonghan was determined to shield and support her with everything he had.

No matter how harsh he had to be with her.

"Where the hell did I put my makeup bag?" Ara's frustrated voice cut through Jeonghan's thoughts as she rummaged through her belongings while packing.

Jeonghan turned his gaze towards her, a smirk forming on his lips, and he sauntered off the balcony to "lend a hand".

"If you can't find your pink panties, just to be clear, I didn't take them," Jeonghan smirked, teasing her as she rolled her eyes in response.

"Shut the fuck up."

"Why are you always shushing me? I happen to enjoy the sound of your voice," Jeonghan said in a seductive tone, closing the distance between them. "Can't I have my moments of volume too?"

"You're a man. So, no," Ara asserted, attempting to turn away to resume her search for her things.

But Jeonghan swiftly intercepted, catching her and deftly spinning her around to face him. In that moment, their bodies pressed together, faces just inches apart.

Jeonghan's gaze locked onto hers, a playful yet intense spark dancing in his eyes.

"Why so quick to silence me, princess? Don't you find my voice intriguing?" he teased, his voice low and suggestive.

For a moment, Ara appeared frozen, Jeonghan's seductive voice echoing in her head. There was something about him—the way he spoke, the intensity in his gaze, every subtle move—that left her feeling disoriented.

It was a confusing mix of emotions stirred by the enigmatic aura he exuded.

He let out a soft chuckle, reveling in the proximity between them, as if savoring the suspense of the unspoken.