Epilogue

Abhinav

I was sleeping peacefully with my Princess snuggling into me with her head resting on my chest and my hands around her waist as I pulled half of her body upon me, our legs tangled with each other when the sunrays decided to break our precious sleep.

I felt Princess stirring in her sleep and held my hand in front of her face, blocking the rays, and searched for the remote to close the curtains with my eyes still closed. Once I got the hold of the remote, I closed the curtains and a satisfied sigh left Princess's lips as she got comfortable again.

I too dozed off, not wanting to leave my bed and my dear Princess just yet. After an hour more, I finally decided to wake up and made Princess's head rest on the pillow as I got down from the bed and walked into the bathroom to complete my chores. I got dressed in my regular three-piece suit which I am definitely going to change in a few minutes after Princess wakes up. But I have to attend an online conference so, I wore my formal.

"Nav," I heard Princess call out for me and walked to her. I kissed her forehead and she wound her hands around my neck as she slowly opened her eyes with a smile dancing on her lips. She gave me her breath-taking smile once she was completely awake and kissed my cheeks.

"Good morning, Nav!" She wished me with a grin.

"Good morning, Princess." I kissed both her cheeks and forehead before bending to her stomach.

"Good morning, baby!"  I placed a gentle kiss on her baby bump. She is 14 weeks pregnant. Isha replied with a 'good morning Papa' in a baby voice to my wish and I chuckled at her reply.

"What do you want to eat for breakfast?" I asked once she got up and rested her head on the headrest. Her morning sickness is thankfully gone. It used to make me stressed and sad whenever my baby puked out everything she ate. Her exhaustion made me restless and I contacted all the top gynecologists but everyone was saying the same line that it was normal and it would go away once she entered the second trimester. If it was not Isha who stopped me, I was about to snap at all of them.

Thankfully, it really stopped once she entered the second trimester. Now she will just have cravings and mood swings. But her mood swings are not actually bad. She is either happy or extremely happy. She was never angry or sad with me, for which I am really thankful. But she snaps at everyone else except me, Ishaan, Abhishek, and Abir. Once when Khanna came to inform me about some work, she scolded him for literally 2 hours saying he was trying to snatch her husband from her. She also made me scold him for no mistake of his. But, when my Princess started tearing up, I couldn't help but snap at him. 

After that, I gave him a bonus and a week holiday as I felt bad but that idiot said he wished Isha to scold him more so that he could get leaves with extra payment. After that, I forbade everyone from saying anything related to matters that involved me leaving her and attending work. I asked them to drop a message instead. She really hates it when I leave her and starts tearing up due to which I started working from home most of the time and visit the office only when it is very crucial. She usually stays with Ishaan or Abir at those times. 

"I want Papa's poha!" She chirped and I nodded at her in reply. She had a bad morning sickness in her first trimester that made all of us worried and everyone in the family started cooking for her. She used to have one of the dishes we all made and to feed her at least something we all used to make one dish each. That's how Papa and Chachu who stopped cooking once they graduated, started entering the kitchen again for their daughter-in-law who's more than a daughter to them.

"I will inform Papa then. You freshen up by then." I patted her head and she slipped her legs into the slippers and walked to the washroom. I called Papa and informed him about her request and he agreed happily.