19. Friends outing

Isha

I was sitting in my room getting ready to pick up my best friend from her home I don't know for what reason. We planned to meet for dinner but she called me saying she wanted to escape something and asked me to pick her up.

I applied some lip gloss and perfume and walked out. I am not a big fan of makeup unless the situation demands it. Just some body lotion, lip gloss, and perfume are included in my daily skincare routine. I skip perfume most of the time though.

I dropped a text to Abhinav saying I am going out with Shreya. I informed Dadi and walked out of the home. 

I reached her place in 40 minutes and met her parents. She walked out wearing a tank top and ripped jeans. Her hair is tied up in a high pony and she applied some lipstick and eyeliner along with some perfume. 

"Mom, I will stay with Isha tonight!" She said hugging her parents goodbye before we walked out.

"So, what were you trying to escape madam?" I asked fastening my seatbelt.

"My bua(aunt) yaar!" She whined like a kid to which I chuckled.

"You are still scared of her?" I asked faking surprise. She runs away every time her aunt visits.

"I am not scared! She just irritates me!" She deadpanned to which I rolled my eyes at her.

"Will you start driving now?" She replied getting irritated and gritting her teeth.

"Okay, babe! Cool down!" I said starting my car.

"You took a leave?" She asked as we were passing some of our favorite streets.

"Yeah! I thought of taking some time off. I attended a meeting in the morning and returned afternoon!" I replied. I actually wanted to have some rest before planning for dinner but this friend of mine didn't let me. But I surely can sacrifice some sleep for spending time with her.

"Oh! Let's go shopping then!" She said giggling like a kid. I would have said no normally. But, today she really needs a distraction from looking at her state.

"Okay! Where to?" I asked and she looked too surprised. Of course, every time we usually have hours of arguments and whining before agreeing on going shopping.

"The usual!" She replied coming out of her surprised state. 

We took a U-turn and went to the mall. We shopped for a few hours and she bought a few pairs of jeans and a dress while I chose a skirt for myself.

We headed home as it was almost 5 pm and I had to make preparations for dinner. Dadi invited Maa, papa, and bhayya for dinner when I asked her about inviting Shreya.

"So, this is your new home?" Shreya squealed as soon as we walked in.

"Yeah! So, how is it?" I asked suppressing a laugh looking at her antics.

"Damn perfect! I love it!" She announced clapping her hands together.

"Why both of your homes are just so perfect?" She asked in a dreamy tone.

"Oh, madam! Your home is not any less! But yeah maybe my mother's designer skills and dadi's maintenance skills are the reason for this both homes looking so beautiful! But the people are the ones who make it more lively!" I stated before walking to the stairs.

"Where are everyone?" she asked looking around in the empty living room.

"Papa, Chachu, Abhinav, Abhishek, and Abir went to the office. Dada ji and Dadi ji went to the temple and Abhisri went to her friend's place." I replied as we walked into our, I mean mine and Abhinav's room.