53. His Punishment

Isha

"Let's sleep?" I asked once we both broke the kiss and caught up with our breaths. He nodded at me and laid down on the same carpet. Dadi said we can't sleep on the bed today. I too laid down beside him thinking about the things he and the others suffered without the support of any elder. I feel it was the mistake of the elders somewhere. They forgot that their children were still kids coping with their own problems and that kids need attention. 

Being neglected by your own family when you need their support is the worst thing a kid can face. Maybe that was the reason for all the traumas of these siblings. Nav had low self-esteem even after being one of the greatest CEOs in India and becoming one of the richest billionaires in Asia. Abhishek keeps everything to himself and you have to keep pressurizing him to share his problems as he wants to share but doesn't want to bother others. Abir may seem like a carefree guy who loves flirting but deep down he is that kid who craves attention and becomes very happy if you can sit with him and talk. Abhigya had her share of traumas and drug addiction that Bhai and Nav managed to find out at the correct time and helped her cure.

These siblings faced a lot in their childhood and they deserve the world. I am going to give them all the attention and care I can. Now that Priya has entered Abhishek's life as his companion and cure,  Abhigya already has Bhai with her, I have to take care of my husband, my first child, and my sweet Devar Abir, my second child. I hope Abir finds someone who loves him for what he is and gives him all the attention he deserves.

"What are you thinking, Princess?" Nav asked me rubbing my back as I laid down beside him with my head resting on his chest and his hands wrapped around me protectively.

"That how could I get you even without doing any prayer all these years," I replied. I honestly feel so grateful to god for giving me these two families who love me with everything they have. Abhinav is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

"You didn't, but my whole family did." His reply made me confused. I lifted my gaze and looked at him with a questioning look asking what did he mean by that.

"My family prayed for years for one such miracle that can bring its shine and smiles back and Shivji answered those by sending you into our lives." He said, his tone full of sincerity and gratitude. I could not control those few tear drops from flowing freely.

"I think Shivji gave me the boon in return for your prayers, Nav. The boon and blessing of being your wife. The daughter-in-law of this family and Bhabi of Abhishek, Abir, and Abhigya." I confessed. He looked at me with eyes full of unshed tears. I moved a little up and kissed his cheek while he pulled me upon himself.

"He did give me the best blessing in the form of my wife, My Isha and I am grateful for it. " He announced kissing my face multiple times. I am surprised about the devotion of these siblings. I have seen people losing their trust in god after losing something but their trust remained intact after all the things they faced and they believed in him that he would set everything right and he is. My family is smiling and laughing happily again.

"Nav, can I ask you something?" I questioned hesitantly. It may be a sensitive topic for him to discuss.

"You don't need permission, Princess." He replied making me smile a little. I took a deep breath and asked it away, the question that kept bugging me.

"Did you ever wish to have a relationship with Sneha or her brother? I mean they are your half-siblings, right?" I asked and the tightened grip of him gave away his anger. I kissed his neck and rubbed the back of his palm to calm him down. I shouldn't have asked this question.

"Nav, you don't need to answer. It was a stupid question anyways, I am sorry." I said nuzzling into his chest. He started caressing my hair and kissed my hair before patting my head lovingly making me look at him.

"You can ask me anything, Ishu. You don't need to apologize for asking me something, ever. And about your question, I did not. You know my three siblings and only they are my siblings, no one else. I didn't want any relationship with that woman or her family. She was out of my family the day she left my father." He replied, his voice void of any emotions but I could see the pain in his eyes. I took his hand in mine and started drawing random patterns in his palm to divert him and it worked, as he started observing my actions.

"Nav, today I was talking to Priya and Prisha di. Prisha Di was talking about the name her brother gave her bhabi after marriage. Then I remembered you never said the name you gave me after our marriage. Did you even give me a name?" I asked to divert him from his past and he smiled at me knowing very well why I was doing it.

"I did, but I am not going to say it." He shrugged making me glare at him. He just replied to my glare with a peck and pulled me closer to his chest.

"Nav, you can't do that. It is my name. How can you not say it to me?" I whined, and his laughter filled the air making me smile. His laughter is the best sound I can hear all my laugh after his voice.

"I will tell you tomorrow after I make you wear the crown." He replied with a finality in his voice and I know trying more is a waste of time now.

"Okay tell me what name did Chachu give to Chachi then," I asked trying to act disappointed. He pinched my nose and started tickling me making me laugh.

"Nav.... sto..stop it," I said between my laughs, with tears in my eyes and he finally stopped his torture and covered us with a quilt.

"He named her Meera, Dadi was named Shailaja by Dadu and Papa named his wife Nalini." His voice changed from excited and happy to disgust at last. I pecked his cheek making him smile at me.

"I never knew about it. I thought what we call Dadi was the name given to her by Dadu sa after marriage." I know it was just a ritual and most people don't follow it now but people in those generations used the new names after marriage.

"No, Dadu didn't want Dadi to change her identity after marriage. The only person who changed her name is the woman who gave birth to me. She changed her name to get into acting from Manjiri to Mahima. She wanted to erase all of us including her parents and name from her life and she did." His tone changed into a painful one. What the hell am I doing? I am trying to divert him but at last, it is leading to that woman.

I just looked up at him, not knowing what to say now. I can't drag him out at midnight to divert him, not on the day of his coronation at least.

"It will be the last time we are taking her name, Princess. She and her family won't be able to see tomorrow's sunrise." He said calmly making my head snap in his direction. A weird feeling crept into my veins thinking of what he had done and the consequences.

"She is going to die if that's what you are trying to figure out. I can't let anyone harm my life and get away with it. Her son, daughter, and husband are going to be jailed for life." He replied blankly and I didn't feel any sad for her nor her rapist son, husband, and psychopath daughter.

"You are very brave, Nav. And I am proud of my husband. You will find me beside you supporting your every decision. I won't even question you if you take back that decision you just took."  I hugged Nav tightly trying to provide him the warmth and love he needs now after taking that hard decision of his life. He flipped us around and rested his head on my chest snuggling into me. I wound my hands around him in a tight hug and ran my fingers through his hair. He slept after a while.

All this time he was remembering her and was trying to justify his decision by recalling all his past. He doesn't want to feel guilty or fall weak and take back his decision to punish his sinner because she was his mother. No matter how bad she was, he couldn't neglect that she gave birth to him. So, I gave him the freedom to choose on his own and I hope whatever he decides brings him peace.