39. Fireflies

Isha

I woke up after sleeping for a few hours and saw Abhinav looking at me with affection-filled eyes still caressing my hair. I kissed his chest and distanced myself from him. 

"I have to meet Ishaan. I will be back by 7. I will send you a dress. Be ready Princess." He said kissing my forehead.

"Don't go..." I mumbled looking down. Today he made me feel helpless again after all those years. I don't want to be snatched away from my family. Not again!

"I have to go Princess. Do you want to come with me? You can meet him too!" He said rubbing the back of my hands.

I nodded slightly. 

"Okay then. Get dressed. We will leave in 10 minutes." He said and kissed my forehead again before walking out, typing something on his phone.

I got ready and we both drove off to Raizadha mansion. 

"Ishu!" Bhai spread out his arms and I ran to him. I hugged him tight and he kissed the top of my head whispering "I am here bachhe!" 

"I am here too if you have forgotten!" Abhigya said trying to resolve the tension in the air. I nodded wiping my tears and hugged her.

"Will anyone invite me?" Abhinav asked shoving his hands in his pockets.

"No!" Bhai replied and growled as Abhigya hit him in the stomach.

"I am going to be your husband woman!" He growled and she shrugged her shoulders.

"He's my brother." She replied nonchalantly.

"He's my best friend if you remember." Bhai retorted back. 

"Oh yeah!" She scoffed. I and Abhinav looked at each other and busted out laughing.

"Thank god, you laughed bhabi!" Abhigya said and hugged Bhai.

"Ishaan, we need to talk!" Abhinav announced. Bhai nodded and turned to me.

"You and Abhigya go and watch some movies. We will join soon!" He said and I glared at him.

"I want to watch cricket. It's India vs. New Zealand today!" I announced and looked at my watch. It's toss time. I started running upstairs.

"Careful!" I heard Bhai and Abhinav shout from behind. I gave them a sheepish smile. 

"I can't wait to see Virat bat!" I announced and ran up again. 

Abhinav

"Thanks to her Virat, now she will not think about the problems for some hours," Ishaan said from beside me.

"He's not her Virat! I am her Abhinav and she is my Isha!" I announced glaring at him.

"Bhai? Now you are jealous of Virat Kohli?" Abhigya deadpanned.

"I am just stating facts!" I shrugged and gestured for Ishaan to follow me. He sighed and followed me while Abhigya went up to Isha.

"What is it, Abhi?" Ishaan asked me as soon as we entered the study.

"Manjiri!" I gritted out.

"What did that woman do now?" I can sense irritation and anger in his voice.

"She challenged me that she will kill our Isha before coronation!" I announced gritting my teeth and fisting my hands. My muscles popped as I clenched my jaw.

"I will kill that woman with my bare hands if she tries to hurt Cheeku!" He announced raging in anger.

"We have to block her power first Ishaan. I want to bring down her husband's production house and their company which is backing them up. We will end this story once and for all. The moment she wanted to harm my princess the countdown for her downfall started." I announced and he placed a hand on my shoulder.