44. A chase

Isha

The next morning when I woke up, Abhinav was not beside me. I searched for him in the bathroom and study but he was not there too. Where did this man go early in the morning? I was about to turn back when a pair of hands wound around my waist pulling me closer.

"Searching for me, Princess?" He asked in his husky voice and planted a kiss on my earlobe. I kept my hands above his and nodded.

"Why were you not here?" I asked in a complaining tone at which he chuckled. 

"I had to attend a call and didn't want to disturb your sleep." He replied kissing my crown and I nodded at him. He turned me around and joined our lips for an urgent kiss. My hands tugged his hair while he pulled me closer by my waist. He kept one of his hands over my cheek rubbing there without breaking the kiss.

"I have to go to Chandigarh for an important meeting. I will be back by tonight." He said brushing my lower lip with his thumb. I just nodded in a daze. He left me after pecking my forehead and disappeared into the bathroom.

He came out wearing his clothes but his shirt was not buttoned. I looked at him raising a brow but he just came and stood in front of me and pulled me closer by my waist.

"You are becoming lazy day by day!" I exclaimed buttoning his shirt.

"Achha, am I? Let us see that tonight!" He said in his husky voice making me blush red.

"Nav!" I whined and he chuckled kissing my forehead. I helped him with his blazer. He took out a yellow poshak for me and asked me to get ready in it. I took it and got ready. He helped me wear all the jewelry once I was ready and filled my hair partition with vermilion and kissed my hair.

"you are adding beauty to these pieces of jewels, biwi!" He praised kissing my eyes which fluttered close and kissed my cheeks after that.

"I will be waiting for this to-be-king to return!" I said kissing him on both cheeks. He chuckled nodding his head and we walked out of our chamber.

 He walked away after bidding bye to everyone and I too got myself busy with work. Little did I know what cyclone was waiting for us.

"There was a parcel for you Choti Rani Sa!" A worker handed over the parcel 4 hours after Nav left

"There was a parcel for you Choti Rani Sa!" A worker handed over the parcel 4 hours after Nav left. I took it and went back to my room. I opened it and it had a scarf that I had once seen Abighya wearing. There was a letter in it. I took it out and started reading.

Hello, to-be-queen!

It's been a long time. By the way, you are intelligent I must say. 
You managed to question something that no one noticed.
What did the man who kidnapped your sweet sister-in-law do all that time he had, right?
Well, you can find your answers in this Pendrive. After that, if you don't want me to release the contents I want you to come to the godowns in the outskirts all alone.