30. It was all Planned!

Abhinav

I was just staring at Isha's face and relaxing when Ishaan entered reading something on his mobile. He cleared his throat when he saw us and I sat straight.  Within no time Abhishek too entered. 

"Bhai! When did you come?" Isha asked hugging her brother.

"A while back. You don't worry Cheeku, we will solve everything." Ishaan assured her to which she nodded. She excused herself saying she would check on others. Ishaan took the printouts of the case file and the girls' details from his mobile. We were going through the details when Isha came and sat beside me. She held my arm and rested her head on my shoulder. I was going through the details when she took a printout from my hands.

"What is her picture doing here?" She asked looking at the girl's picture. Does she know her?

"She is the one who died. Do you know her Cheeku?" Ishhan asked. Her head snapped in her brother's direction with disbelief and she kept staring at him.

"Bhabi, do you know this girl?" Abhishek asked making her look at him. She looked at the three of us before speaking.

"Abir asked me to hide her." She said looking at her palms and tears started rolling down her cheeks.

"What? Why?" Ishaan and Abhishek asked. She looked up at me. She started narrating the incident after I gave her assurance.

"You remember, afternoon when you called me I said I was at chowdary's?" She asked me to which I nodded yes.

"Abir and Shreya called me there. Shreya asked me to hide her and Abir asked me to hide this girl.  I asked him why he wanted to hide her but he said he would tell me in the evening. But I was having a very bad feeling about this girl so I dragged Abir with me after having lunch. I pestered him to confess and he finally gave in." She said and paused to look at us. She continued after I nudged her to go ahead.

"He said that girl was his classmate and her parents were forcing her to get married to her brother-in-law after her sister's death. He said her visa would get approved in 10 days and she would go to the UK after that. I don't know why but it didn't settle well with me. I suggested he talk to you but he said you are already stressed about yesterday's issue and he doesn't want to stress you. I tried to discuss it with Bhai but he was out for a meeting in the evening. I was about to discuss the same with you when we got the news." She said tightening her grip around my arm.

"If I had discussed it with any of you earlier now he won't be suffering in the police station right? I failed!" She said with tears flowing down her cheeks. I wiped away her tears with my thumb and cupped her face in my hands.

"No, Princess. Don't blame yourself. It was all a plan." I said gritting my teeth but trying to be calm just because I didn't want to scare her with my beast side. She looked at me confused. Abhishek and Ishaan too have the same expression.

"What? Who did it and why?" Ishaan asked sitting beside her.

"Yes. It was all a plan. First, they launched a cyber attack on my company. They know they can't break our security but it was enough to make me and Abhishek go there at night and keep us busy till morning trying to figure out the attack. Then, they sent this girl to Abir. And as Abir is concerned about our busy schedule he went to Isha for help. They know she will not say no to him and the same happened. Isha agreed to help him. They made sure to keep us all busy till they executed their plan." I said fisting my hands.

"But I could have discussed it with Bhai even if you were busy right?" She asked looking at me.

"That's why they sent me away Cheeku. Now I understand why a meeting planned after a week is suddenly preponed and why the client was desperate to have a meeting today." He said gritting his teeth.

"But who did this and why?" Abhishek asked.

"Because she wanted to make Abir suffer and Isha to blame herself," I said holding Isha closer to me. It took no time for them to understand whom I was referring to.

"I can't believe she can go to such an extent just to hurt me!" Isha said looking at me.

"She can go to any extent to hurt our family," Abhishek said banging the table with his fists.

"How are we going to save Abir?" She asked looking at the papers in my hands.

"Do you think that girl is innocent?" I asked Isha. She nodded no.

"She seemed so manipulative to me. I don't know why but whatever she said didn't add up. She said she is from a poor background and can hardly make a living but she is wearing a Van Heusen, her handbag is Gucci, her perfume is Chanel, and her heels are LOUIS VUITTON. She is wearing a Rolex couple watch which I saw when I went shopping last week." She said amusing us. 

"Bhabi you noticed every item she wore?" Abhishek asked after getting out of shock.

"I don't really notice people much but my womanly instincts said she is problematic so I just scanned her to read her more. At first, I thought she was trying to gain sympathy from Abir but never imagined this to happen. I even doubt if she really died or it was some sort of plan." She said sighing deeply.

"What did you just say?" I asked looking at her. She looked at me confused but repeated her last sentence nevertheless.  I checked the postmortem report and saw that they said her face was hard to recognize. It all made sense now.

"Abir will be home by tomorrow afternoon." I declared and walked out after kissing her forehead and asking her to take a rest. I gestured for Ishaan and Abhishek to follow me and they did.

"That girl is alive!" I declared and showed them the reports.

"That girl will be here by tomorrow morning bhayya!" Abhishek said and walked out.

"I'll handle those hospital bastards!" Ishaan said with a smirk and went away. I too informed my lawyer about the girl and went to my room. Isha was waiting for me.

"Why didn't you sleep, princess?" I asked sitting beside her. 

"I was waiting for you." She said hugging my torso. I made both of us lie down and covered with a comforter. Sleep was far away from us today. Her being close to me is the only thing that is keeping me sane in such a situation. If it was not for her I would have lost my cool and killed that woman in the police station itself.