16. What is she up to?

Abhinav

I came home at 8. I looked for her but there are no signs of her. I sighed and went to take a bath. 

I came out wrapping a towel around my waist and I saw her standing at the door looking at me. Her eyes are tracing my bare chest making me extremely conscious but also happy. She kept staring at me. So, I cleared my throat to gain her attention. She finally came out of her trance and looked at my face.

"What happened to you?" I asked wiping my wet hair.

"Hot!" She said without thinking and her eyes went wide after she realized what she said.

"I mean it's too hot! I will go take a shower!" With that, she ran into the bathroom. 

She came after some time and sat on her side of the bed. I am doing my work on the laptop.

"Abhinav!" she called me. And I shifted my complete attention to her.

"Yes, Princess?" I asked her.

"Are you having a meeting with my dad tomorrow?" She asked getting curious.

"Yes, why?" I asked in a casual tone.

"What is it about?" She asked. Of course, I can't tell her that we are meeting to plan her birthday!

"Normal business talks!" I replied trying hard to stop myself from saying the truth.

" Are you going to launch a new product?" she asked sitting with her legs folded.

"Yes, but I am not going to say about it," I replied. I know if I keep answering her she will make me spill everything. But I don't want to neglect her either!

She quickly crawled onto the bed and sat right in front of me with her hands folded on her chest.

"Abhinav please tell na! Even Papa said he wouldn't say! Even bhai didn't say anything this time!" She whined giving me her best puppy eyes. No! Nannu, you can't give in to her cuteness! I reminded myself. She looks like a small kid while whining. 

"Because it's business, Isha! We can't share details until everything is finalized!" I tried to convince her. Keyword tried.

"But I am not an outsider! You can trust me!" She reasoned. Of course, I would share every detail of my business with her if she wants to know but the problem here is it's not business!

"It's against my principles and I promised your dad that I will not say anything to you!" I replied.

"Okay then don't!" She pouted and was about to move to her side but I held her wrist and stopped her.

"Please don't get angry princess! I would have said you if I hadn't promised your dad!" I said cupping her face. I finally started getting close to her. Now I don't want her to feel bad or get hurt because of me.

"Okay!" She said and was about to move but I pulled her by her wrist and she landed on my chest.

"Sleep!" I said turning off the lights.

"Then leave my hand. I am going to sleep." She asked looking at me.

"Do you mind if  I cuddle my wife while sleeping?" I asked her hoping she would agree.

"No!" She replied averting her gaze. Her cheeks turned crimson due to blushing and that's my favorite shade from now. The fact that I am affecting her in such a way is making something unleash inside me.

I left her and laid down and she too followed the cue. I pulled her closer and she snuggled more into me. It gave me peace. The peace I had been craving for a long time. Her in my hands feels like I have everything in the world.