31. Calm down Abhinav!

Isha

The next morning I woke early. To be frank, I never slept. It was the same with Abhinav too. I don't think anyone in our family slept yesterday.

I went into the kitchen and prepared breakfast for everyone. All the elders should take their medicines and this incident may trigger Abhigya more. I have to give her special attention. I set the breakfast on the table and called everyone for breakfast. Elders ate after much persuasion. But Abhigya and Abhisheks' food remained untouched. Abhinav is in the study discussing something with Bhayya. I have to make them eat later. The elders left for their rooms after having breakfast.

"You two, why aren't you eating?" I asked both of them sitting in the chair between them.

"I don't have an appetite," Abhigya said looking at the plate. Abhishek remained silent.

"How can you not have an appetite when you just had juice yesterday?" I asked her and pulled her plate closer to me. I made everyone drink juice or milk yesterday with much difficulty.

I tore a piece of Roti, dipped it in curry, and forwarded it towards her. She shook her head in no but I again forwarded it. "Trust your brother," I said gesturing her to eat. She took the piece in her mouth while tears rolled down her cheeks. I wiped away her tears with the back of my hand. I forwarded a morsel to Abhishek this time. He looked at me for a few seconds and then ate it. Like that, I fed both of them and when I got up Abhigya hugged my waist and started crying.

"What happened Abhigya? Abir will come back soon!" I said patting her back with my left hand as I have curry on my right hand.

"I am sorry bhabi maa! I hated you but you always stayed by my side whenever I needed someone. I am sorry!" She said weeping.

"It's okay bachha! You understood your mistake and that's all that matters now." I said patting her head and placing a kiss on her forehead. She smiled a little and left me. I ruffled Abhishek's hair and he gave me a weak smile. I placed the plates in the kitchen and took breakfast for bhayya and Abhinav. 

Do I need to knock on the door? They are my bhayya and my Abhinav anyway. Thinking that I walked in without knocking. If it was anyone else other than them or Dad I would have knocked.

"Cheeku," Bhai said looking up from his phone. Abhinav too turned towards me still talking to someone over call.

"Breakfast," I said placing the plates on the table. 

"Did you all eat?" Abhinav asked after cutting the call. I replied positively.

"Did Abhigya and you eat?" both of them asked at the same time making me smile at their concern and care. They know we both are crackheads and need extra attention.

"I fed her and I will eat after you both," I said and forwarded the plates to them.

"You are eating with us."

"You will eat now," Both of them said at the same time. I nodded and got myself another plate. Bhai started eating his breakfast but Abhinav was just staring at his plate. I tore a piece and brought a morsel close to him after dipping it in the curry. He looked at me lifting his eyes.

"Eat!" I said gesturing for him to open his mouth. He held my hand and made me eat the first bite. After that I fed him and he ate his breakfast. Bhayya and he fed me a few bites in the middle. I fed a few bites to bhayya in the middle. I took the plates out while they continued with their work. 

After some time I went to Abhigya but bhayya was already there with her. I smiled at them and walked out without disturbing them. She needs him more than me right now. I hope his love helps her heel soon. 

I went to our room and sat on the swing. I noticed the security trying to stop some reporters who were trying to barge in. It must be her doing to ruin our reputation. I can't let these people disturb my already disturbed family. I walked out and went towards the main gate.  Soon, Kanna and other bodyguards surrounded me and walked guarding me.

"Ma'am, is it true that Mr. Abir Singh Rathore raped a girl and burnt her alive?"

"Is your family still going to support him?" 

"Aren't you ashamed to support a rapist and murderer?" 

"How do you feel to be related to such a disgusting man?" They kept bombarding me with questions but when they called Abir disgusting, rapist, and murderer, I lost it all.

"He is neither disgusting, rapist nor murderer. I advise you to watch your words." I snapped at the reporters who called him names.

"But he did commit those heinous crimes." One of the reporters argued.

"And what proof do you have to prove it? Do you have any proof against him other than your baseless allegations?" I asked her and she kept mum. 

"Being a woman how can you be so shameless to support a rapist just because there are no proper proofs against him?" Another one snapped at me.

"How dare you?" I heard Abhinavs' angry roar and turned around to see him taking faster steps toward the reporter.

"How dare you utter those words about my wife and my brother?" He yelled grabbing the man's collar. His eyes are bloodshot red and he is shaking in anger. I ran towards him and held his arms.

"Abhinav leave him," I said pulling him back. I wouldn't be able to do so if he didn't let me.

"You can't change the truth by threatening us, Mr. Rathore." He said. I know he is trying to rile us up. First, he called Abir names which made me yell and now looking at Abhinavs' anger he is trying to make him lose his cool.

"Abhinav, he is trying to rile us up. Please keep your cool. Please, calm down." I said holding his fisted hand in one hand and tracing his cheek with my other hand. He closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths.

"Exactly, you can't change the truth by making your own stupid theories and telecasting it. Now get lost." I said holding Abhinavs' hand tightly. I know he would kill that man if I left him now.

"And let me make one thing clear. Don't you dare to even think of disrespecting my wife again? Your fate can't be this good every time." Abhinav said glaring at the man. He visibly gulped. Kanna came to us and the remaining guards sent the media out. 

"Sir, take ma'am in. We will handle everything." Kanna said and Abhinav took me in. He closed the door as soon as we walked into our room and hugged me tight. He snuggled into my neck inhaling my scent. I rubbed his back to calm him down. I am glad he calmed down when I asked him to. Otherwise, she would have succeded in her plans.