57. The end of enemies

Author

"Abhinav,"

"Bhayya," 

"Abhi,"

"Beta,"

Everyone shrieked as they watched the blood flowing from the sword. Abhinav turned around the sight made his breath stop and heart pain. His wife, his Isha was holding the sword that was about to attack him in her hands, blood oozing out from her palms and tears in her eyes.

Isha pushed away the attacker with all her might and her face resembled that of Kaali Maatha as she glared at the woman who gave birth to her husband laid there on the ground, with no ounce of regret for trying to kill her son.

"I warned you, I warned you to stay away from my husband, didn't I?" Isha's anger-filled voice boomed in the room and everyone stopped their fight hearing the roaring lioness in front of them.

 Everyone including the family except Abhinav, Ishaan, Harish, and Dadu sa shuddered at her tone. They never thought their sweet daughter-in-law could get this aggressive. Isha continued as all of them stood there tongue-tied while her brother and husband looked at her proudly.

"How dare you? How dare you think of harming my Nav?" Isha's voice boomed with anger as a tight slap landed on Manjiri's face making her fall to the ground with effect from where she just got up.

"Woohoo, bhabi maa kya maarthi hai yaar!" Abir exclaimed proud of his bhabi maa.

(Woohoo, bhabi maa hits so good)

"Remind me not to anger her in the future," Abhishek muttered to Priya who bit her cheeks to stop herself from laughing at his horrified expression.

"Dharam," Isha roared, and the next moment Dharam was standing in front of her bowing his head.

"I don't want to see this woman again, her punishment will be decided by the King but for now take her away, and I want every fucking traitor involved in her escape and who allowed the guns into the palace before sunrise." She commanded and Dharam left after nodding his head while a few lady guards dragged Manjiri away. 

Isha rushed to Abhinav and hugged him to her dear life while tears rolled down her face like the gates of some dam opened. Her sobs clenched the hearts of her husband, brother, and father but they all knew how much she was affected by the recent events.  Abhinav caressed his wife's head and kissed her hair.

"Princess," He whispered slowly to which she replied by hugging him more tightly as an indication of not being ready to leave him. He understood her turmoil kissed her head multiple times and murmured softly.

"I am just asking you to dress up your wounds, Princess. I am not going anywhere." He said moving a little away and lifting her in his arms bridal style. She let her hands hang to the sides not wanting to apply pressure on the wounds or strain his clothes. 

Abhinav carried Isha to their chamber and made her sit on the couch. He got the first aid kit and started cleaning the blood strains dabbing the cotton dipped in Dettol over her injuries and blowing air to ease the burn caused due to Dettol. He did his work with utmost concentration and care as if it was the most important and complicated task of his life while Isha's tears were flowing like never-ending rivers. She didn't even hiss when the liquid touched her injuries.

"Princess, look at me," Abhinav called out softly once he was done cleaning the wound, applying medicine, and tying the bandage. 

Isha lifted her wet lashes to look into those eyes that have always managed to feel her safe and loved. His eyes are something she could drown in all her life.