23. Past!

Abhinav

After my warning, he went completely silent. 

"We will definitely make him confess everything, Mr. Rathore! We just wanted to keep you updated on the case. And we called you here for one more reason." Commissioner Sir said indicating his constables to take the man away. 

After he was taken away he asked all of us to settle down and we did.

"Meet them. DCP Adithya and Nihal. They are the best officers whom I trained. They are here to solve a crucial case. For that, we need your help." He said introducing the officers to us. We did a formal handshake before he continued further.

"Your father informed me that your family is visiting your palace next month for your coronation. Our sources confirmed that a few of our targets will be attending the event. So, we want you to take our officers with you as your friends. They will be guarding your family and will also catch the criminals red-handed. Many big shots are involved in this fiasco. No one should know about this operation until it is done." Sir completed his explanation and asked us to help them catch some criminals. The officers are from Mumbai. I agreed to it and they said they would come back on the day we left for the palace.

After that, both I and Ishaan needed some alone time. So, we asked the security to leave us alone and drove off. We parked the car near the lake and sat down on the bank.

"Who is trying to frame Isha and why?" Ishaan asked breaking the thick silence between us.

"Maybe my mother! Remember? She threatened to throw her out of our companies and lives! If it is her then she is going to see the worst side of me!" I said gritting my teeth. That woman has hurt me enough. Now, if she tries to hurt my Isha I will kill her!

"But how does your mother know what happened that day?" Ishaan asked looking at me. Exactly how does she know? Someone is helping her from the inside! But who? Who dares to betray my family and help that snake?

"Someone is helping her from inside. We have to find the person as soon as possible!" I said determined to find the culprit. Whoever he is, he is going to face the wrath of Abhinav Singh Rathore!

"Maybe one of your staff or something! And Abhi, can I ask you something?" He asked looking hesitant to voice out his thoughts. It's the first time I have seen him like that.

"You know you don't need permission!" I said turning my attention to him.

"Why is Abhigya using Anti-depressants?" He asked making me shell-shocked. Didn't she stop using them a few years ago?

"I saw them in her room the day we rescued her from that bastard!" He said gritting his teeth. But why is Sweety using anti-depressants?

"I thought she stopped using them!" I said feeling defeated for being unable to save my sister from that depression.

"She was a cheerful girl. She always used to play pranks on Abir and keep us entertained but then Chachi died. Her death took a toll on all of us. We all tried to cope with it by engaging ourselves with different things. Abir became more flirty and naughty while Abhishek went silent. But, somehow or the other we managed to come out of that thing but Abhigya couldn't. She was closer to Chachi and our ways of coping with the loss made her feel lonely. Then she started falling into depression. When we noticed it we sent for treatment. After treatment, she behaved fine. But, after you entered her life she started being the lively Abhigya again. She started laughing wholeheartedly. She started being normal." I shared it with him.

"Then why is she using them again? Did something happen that we both don't know?" He asked sighing deeply.

"We better keep her safe from anything that might hurt her. We should keep her close to us." I said throwing a pebble in the pond.