029

CHAPTER | 029

CHAPTER | 029

HYEJIN was helping you get ready for the wedding. jungkook decided to let you go with him. he bought that gold dress you tried on along with some accessories. you were never a fan of accessories as they would just get in the way for you. "you look beautiful, madam" she smiles. you look at yourself in the mirror and chuckle. your father would have never allowed you to wear something like this. "thank you, hyejin" you gave her a small smile. "shall i go and inform sir you are ready?" she asked and you shook your head. "no. i will go and find him. i have a few questions for him" you said. "alright. have fun tonight" hyejin said and you nodded. "good night, hyejin" you replied before she bowed and left your room. you walk out of your room and headed towards jungkook's office where he would mostly be.

you could hear eunwoo and jungkook talking so you leaned against the wall and listened to their conversation. it seems like he's looking for hoseok which will be quite difficult for him since your 'dear' ex-fiancé is carefully when coming out. you waited patiently until you saw the door open, revealing eunwoo. "how can i help you, madam?" he asked. "what you should be asking is how i can help you?" you asked as you closed the door so jungkook wouldn't see you. "hoseok isn't going to reveal himself now that i have been captured by your 'lovely' boss. that's why he's sending his weak men after me. if you want to lure him out, then you are going to have to hurt him where it hurts. may i recommend jung ji-woo" you said. "who's that?" eunwoo asked. "his older sister. hurt her then you will see your little rat come" you said. "may i ask why you are helping us? i would assume you would argue and fight with my boss" eunwoo asked.

"your boss is gonna be pissed off soon so at least he has some good news that you achieved your assignment" you pat his back before you walk inside jungkook's office. you saw he was looking through some files so you cleared your throat, getting his attention. he looks up and was amazed by your beauty. "i believe if we do not leave now, we are going to be late" you said looking over at the clock. "sorry. i had to do some paperwork" jungkook said as he puts his files away however there was a sheet of paper on his desk that caught your attention. it had your name on it. jungkook noticed the paper and was going to grab it yet you immediately grabbed it before he could. "give me back that paper" jungkook ordered as he tries to snatch it from you yet you dodged him.

you started reading it as quickly as you could before he took it from you. your eyes widened when you saw the report. "that's impossible...i couldn't have been pregnant...please tell me that was another (y/n) you know" you looked over at jungkook. "that was your medical report after the incident. you were pregnant with my child" he replied. "h-how could that happen..." you asked. "do you really need me to tell you?" he asked yet you shook your head and walked over to him. jungkook's brown eyes widened when you grabbed his hands. "you don't get it. my father had me undergo some kind of medical procedure for me to never have kids. he never wanted daughters so when he had us, he told us he would make sure we wouldn't give him any granddaughters" you said which shocked jungkook.

"your father did that to you just so he wouldn't have any granddaughters" he asked, making you chuckle. "you have no idea what else he did" you replied. "i assume you told the doctor not to tell me about this. why?" you asked. "tell me what would you have done if i told you?" jungkook replied yet you reminded silent. "the reason why i didn't tell you was because i didn't want to see you depressed. most women would be upset that they lost their unborn child yet you don't seem to look sad" jungkook said. "how could i if i thought i couldn't have any kids?" you asked. "if you were pregnant with my child right now would you stop putting yourself in danger" he crossed his arms as he stares down at you. "do you really want to know?" you asked. "yes" he answered. you look over at the clock to see the time. "i would get an abortion. we have to go now or else we're going to be late" you said as you tried to walk out the room yet he grabs your hand.

"you would kill our child?" jungkook asked. you could tell he was hurt by your answer but it was the truth. if you gotten pregnant, you would have gotten rid of the child. your father made you believe children are parasites. they are just a distraction and useless. especially girls. however your main reason is because you are afraid that you would be like your father and mother. they both failed showing any love to you and your sisters. "look, there's a huge difference between us, jungkook. you were given the choice to be part of this dirty business when you were nineteen. i wasn't and i was just five. you had a childhood. you made friends and had fun while i was trained to be the perfect assassin for my father. i was five when i had to kill someone. five! your parents would spoil you with anything you asked them while my father made me kill so many people for him just so i could get what i want" you yelled as tears started falling down your cheeks as you remember your childhood.

after you got your first kill, you would wake up in the middle of the night, scared that the people you killed would come after you. you begged your father not to make you do it again yet he locked you up in a room full of dead bodies for a week as a punishment. jungkook's eyes soften when he saw you crying so he pulls you into his arms and hugs you tightly yet you pushed him away and wiped your eyes.

"but after a few years, you start accepting what you have become"