023

CHAPTER | 023

CHAPTER | 023

"EVERYONE that was a traitor is now dead, sir. we noticed that every single one of them worked for jung hoseok" eunwoo reported as he hands jungkook the file. "is he the one who leon worked for?" the leader clenched his fist. "it seems like it, sir but we haven't been able to trace the number yet" eunwoo answered. "find everything you can about jung hoseok. if he's the one who ordered leon to kill my flower, i will make sure he pays for it" jungkook slams his hand on his desk. "i'm already on it, sir" he said. "thank you, eunwoo. you are free to go" jungkook said. his second in command bowed before leaving the room. jungkook stands up from his chair and looks outside of his window to see you walking around the garden. he gave you permission to wander around the mansion since he knew you would be bored in that your room. jungkook was still annoyed you didn't tell him you were hurt. the doctor informed him that you had that wound for two weeks.

you are still the same person as before. putting yourself in danger to protect the people you care about. he felt guilty for beating you. his anger got the best of him and he didn't realize that he was hitting you instead of hyejin until he heard hyejin beg him to stop. even though jungkook felt guilty, he hasn't apologized yet. he knows he should but he forces himself to remember the reason why he has you in the first place. you used him and lied to him. you should be the one apologizing, not him and you haven't yet. he glances out again to see you were no longer there. jungkook walks out of his office and heads towards the staircase to see you with hyejin. you could feel his eyes on you so you looked up at him. "i need to speak to you, my precious flower" he said. "of course" you nodded. you walked up the stairs and followed jungkook into his office.

"does the name jung hoseok ring a bell to you" jungkook asked as he leans against his desk with his arms crossed. the man got mad when he noticed your face expression changed. "who is he? why does he want you dead?" jungkook asked. "jung hoseok was my fiancé. the reason why he could want me dead is because i didn't listen to his requests or because he believes i ran away with his money" you answered. "you really like to steal from other people, huh" he replied. jungkook started to get mad with the fact that you were probably waiting for your fiancé to steal your virginity. the man couldn't picture you being married to anyone else. "my father was the one who arranged it. i had no say in the matter" you answered.

"i didn't steal his money. you see, my father was selling me off to whoever paid him the most money and hoseok happened to be the winner. now that my father is dead, hoseok can't contact him to get his money back so he probably sent his men to find me and get me to talk before killing me" you explained. "is that why leon tried to kill you? did you talk?" the man asked yet you shook your head. "no. his order was just to kill me" you said. "then why not let him kill you? to escape this hell you're in" jungkook replied. it was something that was bothering for a long time. why didn't you let leon kill you? if anyone else was in your position, they would rather die than stay alive with him. "my life is in your hands. isn't that what you said? you choose if i die or not" you answered.

you watch as jungkook heads towards your direction, placing his hand on your cheek then moving his hand down to your neck, choking you but not as roughly. "are you really not going to fight back with me!?! you fought back with leon but not me! why! where did that old you go!" he yells as his grip on tighter. "dead" you replied. jungkook let's go, allowing you to gasp for air. he then walks out of the room, leaving you alone. sadly, you were used to being choked. your father used to do it often when you were a kid so you could learn how to escape from choke hold. "madam, are you okay" hyejin asked as she noticed the hand mark on your neck. "i'm fine. let's head back to my room so i won't upset jungkook anymore" you said. "of course, madam" she followed you back to your room.

jungkook was frustrated with himself. he couldn't believe you still have that effect on him. make him want to care for you even know he knows you used and lied to him. it was killing him that he was hurting you so much. if it was anyone else, jungkook would enjoy torturing them to death yet with you, it's difficult to do that. jungkook pulls his hair as his men watched. they too have never seen their boss behave like this. jungkook pulls out his phone and calls eunwoo. "change of plans. i need you to kill jung hoseok. he isn't the one who leon was working for but he still had a connection with my precious flower" jungkook said through the phone.

"send me his head" he smirked.