Chapter Fifty-Five

Christmas went by so fast that it felt like a week. It felt good to be at home just with my mom. We were able to move past the Grayson and Elijah thing, I knew we would have moved past it. I told her about what happened at the party and she was shocked.

My mom gave me all the support and the comfort that I needed. She wanted to even get me professional help, but I had declined. I wanted to be so upset about what those guys did to me, but all they did was touch me. They didn't rape me, so who cares.

I could get over it, they just touched me. It doesn't matter what they did. I should be glad they didn't do anything else. That feeling swirled in my chest, where I argued with myself. I should be upset and mad at what they did to me, but I didn't get raped, so why does it matter?

I tried to distract my mind from it and I just enjoyed my time home. I got to see Hailey and we got to go out. We went shopping, smoked and we spent new years with a bunch of people from high school. I was shocked that a lot of us were here, but it was like a reunion.

Being back in Chicago was good and it felt nice. It made me miss home a lot and I wanted to stay, but I had to go to school and also I wanted to see them. I was completely ready to hop back on the plane to see them.

***

I laughed as I climbed on top of him as I was trying to escape his grasp and he wasn't trying letting me go. It was just us in the house, since Elijah wouldn't be coming back for another four days. I liked the fact I was getting alone time with Gray as well.

We were in his bedroom since his tv was closer to him and it was bigger. I sat on top of him as he laid back on his bed, his head resting on his pillow. He looked up at me and his eyes were weary.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

I placed my finger on his bare chest, he doesn't glance down. He holds his eyes contact with me, I gently poke him as he let out a breath. I shifted on his hips and he moved his hands to my waist.

"Don't, don't do that Angel."

My breath hitched for a second and I tried to brush it off. He was just touching me, nothing serious. It's Gray. He moved his hands from my waist and all I could think about was that night for a split second. No, I can't think about that night.

I push it to the back of my mind and began focusing on Gray. He was different for whatever strange reason.

"Whaat... you're being weird," I mention.

"I'm not, I just don't want to...," he trailed off.

I frowned slightly as I wasn't sure what he was getting at. He doesn't want to what? I made a squiggly line down his chest, then began tracing over his abs. I stared at the lining of his abs and how he had a six pack. His body being insanely toned, but I sensed him tensing underneath me.

"What happened? Did you see... her again?" I guessed.

His brows immediately furrowed into confusion and he shook his head. His face in disgust and telling me this has nothing to do with Tara.

"Why the fuck wo- I. It's not about her anyways. Iris I'm.. I'm still worried about you," he said.

"What for?"

"You don't want to speak about that night, you don't want to get a therapist, you are avoiding the situation."

"Nothing happened to me, I'm fine, I'm fine Gray. I'm fine look, just touch me, I'm fine," I assured.

He gave me a doubtful look and he looked at me with this look in his eyes. He doesn't move his hands and keeps them in place. I leaned forward to grab his hands, but he stopped me by grabbing my wrist.