Chapter Eight

Iris

Friday

I was sorta dreading and excited for Elijah's class. It was hard staying focused on his class knowing I let him finger me and shit. I must look desperate to him.

I might have to switch classes just to avoid him if it gets too awkward or uncomfortable. He was my last lecture of the day, so I'm going to hope it goes well. I don't need my weekend to start off shitty.

I looked at my outfit in the mirror and made sure I looked good. I might meet Adam later, so I would rather look good than ugly.

I wore a short black dress with white socks and black fluffy sliders. I wore a beige thigh length cardigan with my handbag that had all my stuff.

I had my MacBook, my hair stuff, perfume, wallet and other stuff. I double checked my lashes and I did my scarf on my head for my edges. They were all smoothed down and set. I grabbed my stuff and I made sure I wasn't forgetting anything.

***

He wouldn't stop looking at me. The whole lesson he had his eyes on me. He was directly speaking to me, but the room as well. I would avoid looking at him, but it's impossible. He was teaching and I needed to pay attention.

I hated that he was my professor. I couldn't get that night out of my head. I just couldn't focus on anything. I might actually have to drop out or switch.

I didn't realize the lesson was over until Keon tapped me. I looked up and noticed people were piling out of the room.

"Are you okay?" He wonders.

"Yeah, just tired."

"Mhm, why is that?" He smirks.

I packed my things up and he waited for me. I let him leave the row first and I eventually got out. We started walking down the stairs and I fixed my bag on my shoulder.

"No reason," I said.

"You've been doing late-night activities?"

"I'm not answering that, plus you might get jealous," I laugh.

"I mean I would be trying to keep you all to myself," he smiles.

I didn't look at him at all as we were going down the stairs. If I made eye contact, I might just freeze on the spot.

"Iris, I need to speak to you," Elijah says.

I turn my head towards him. I look at Keon and he nods his head in understanding.

"It's fine, we can talk more about this later. Are you coming to Party?"

"What party?"

"I don't know, just know there is gonna be a party in one of the sorority houses."

"Maybe I will text you and see, but I'm going to be with Adam, so I'm not sure," I say.

"Alright, just text me."

He leaves and more people leave. I walk over to Elijah and hold my bag. We became the only ones in the room.

"You need something, Mr. Jones?"

"Iris, can you drop Mr."

"It's not appropriate for me to call you by your first name."

I crossed my feet over each other and I rested my hands in front of me. I can't let my mind go anywhere else, but into this conversation.

"I don't mind if you do, there is nothing wrong with calling me, Elijah."

"I think I might switch classes or drop this course altogether," I admit.