Chapter Thirty-One

I picked up the tortilla chips and dropped them in the cart. I also got the barbeque chips and put them in the cart. I checked off my list and I looked at what was needed next. We still needed the ice cream and Caramel sauce. I got all the cheeses needed for the nachos, I just needed salsa and that was it.

"Alright we need Caramel sauce and ice cream," I say.

"You're forgetting the brownie mix," he reminded me.

"Oh yeah, you're right!"

I looked back at him and smiled. That was next to get then. We start walking down the aisle and went over to the next. I was walking next to the cart, but I fell back to walk next to him. He pushed the cart with boredom, but that's always Gray's face.

"I sorta want to make the brownies from scratch."

"Can you even bake?" he asked.

"Are you fucking serious?"

He glared at me and I pressed my lips together. I mumbled a sorry, but damn that was rude. He knows I can cook, what makes him think I can't bake. I have made them from scratch before and they were absolutely banging.

"I have made em from scratch before," I say.

"Have you?"

"Is that so hard to believe?"

"No, I believe you," he smirks.

"You just wanna rile me up."

"You always look cute when I do," he compliments.

"Mhmm."

I don't show any acknowledgment to his words and kept on walking to the aisle that we needed to go to. I could see that he wasn't sure if what he said was okay, but oh well. I eventually made it seem like it was nothing as we tried picking out an Ice cream.

"We can get both," I said.

"When will you eat that big jar of ice cream ever again?"

"Gray pleaseee."

"Iris?" Someone says.

I looked behind Grayson and I see fucking Kennedy. Fucking Kennedy. This is gonna be a bit weird. I'm not sure if she even met Grayson the other night, but Imma hope the fuck not.

"Kennedy, heyy."

"Hey, how you doing?"

"I'm good, you?"

"I'm alright."

We look at each other and I put both the Ice creams in the cart. I looked at Gray who was shaking his head at me. He was shaking his head as in no, I gave him a sweet look. I did a fake smile and raised my eyes as a bit, because he knows I'm getting both.

"Oh who's this?"

"Um this is... my boyfriend," I answer, unsurely.

Grayson turns around to look at her and gives her a partial smile of respect. His eyes looks between us, before looking away at something else.

"Oh that's nice."

"Mhm, well we gotta go Kennedy. See you later."

"Byee."

I start ushering Grayson to move and he starts moving. I looked at him as he was grinning at me. I rolled my eyes at him. Obviously he found this entertaining.

"Boyfriend?"

"I have never had a boyfriend, so now you're my first, don't ruin it."

"Your first?"