Chapter Forty-One

My feet were aching me like a motherfucking bitch. I was helping cook in the kitchen for tonight's dinner and it was a lot. I should have known after that Costco trip.

I was busy with preparing and helping, Everyone was busy doing something that I wasn't able to talk to Grayson after he saw me with Adam. I wanted to even text him, but by the time I went to my room I was out like a light.

The morning was just as long as yesterday. It was cooking and all of that stuff, so I still didn't get any time. I was in charge of the mac and cheese, pecan pie, cornbread, and coleslaw. I was mostly in charge of the soul food as before the Costco trip, Isabella asked me if there was anything I wanted to make.

I was told that Isabella doesn't have much of her family on her side, so it will be mostly her husband and Micheal's side of the family coming. She wanted to make sure I was able to eat something. That made me laugh, because I could tell what she was trying to say.

It was coming to four and most of the food was cooked. There was only the desserts left to be done. All the grilling stuff would be done later as Micheal wanted them to be fresh.

"Darling, go start getting ready. Guest are going to start coming soon," Isabella says.

"Oh... are you sure? I can still help out," I offered.

"I'm fine here, Selena is being a good enough helper."

"Ma, you make it sound like I'm useless," Selena perks up.

"Because you are," Grayson coughs.

He enters the kitchen and gets a water bottle out the fridge. He shut the fridge door and he leaned against the fridge. He was wearing a black shirt and black pants to match with.

I let my eyes drift over his body as his arms were large and muscular. He looks at me and he gives me a mischievous smile, like he knew what I was thinking about.

"You're not funny, you look like a troll," Selena snaps.

"You look like that one bitch from the nun," he snaps back.

"Plus, Iris wouldn't you agree I'm a very handsome man?" Grayson adds.

"I-."

"Don't entertain them," Isabella interjects.

"Tell the truth, he looks like a troll and he has the face of a goblin," Selena quips.

I laughed and discreetly covered up my laugh. I had to turn away from him and do a fake cough and laugh, because I wasn't expecting that. Selena was actually funny.

"I look like a goblin? You're the one with the wicked witch of the west nose," Grayson snorts.

"If you two are going to bicker, get out of my kitchen," Isabella scolds.

"Might I add I can see the likeness in the troll," I snicker.

"Ha, even she agrees you look like a troll and act like one. Get the fuck out my face grumpy," Selena laughs.

"What did I just say?" Isabella said, frustrated.

"I'm deeply hurt. One."

"What's the next reason?" Selena scoffs, sarcastically.

"There was just one reason," he shrugs.

I looked at him and I realized the way he was saying it. The one was being spoken in a singular way. He emphasized on it two much.

"Just one?"

"Yeah, just one. One reason."

He holds up one finger. I picked my phone up from the counter. ONE? How the fuck did I get on one? I was just on three yesterday or does he mean I lost one. So I have two? Maynnn what the hell. I didn't do nothing.