Chapter Seventeen

"She's a fucking bitch," Brooke complained.

"In Chicago it's a jumping thing, but umm I'm not encouraging violence," I say.

"Iris, I'm not about to fight her!"

"Then don't worry about her, don't waste your energy on her unless you fight her."

"Is that what y'all really be doing? Just fighting?"

"Yes!"

"Damnn, that shit is crazy."

"It is, but don't worry about it."

I looked back at her and gave her a supportive puppy eye face. She rolled her eyes at me and grabbed her phone.

"Don't ever do that face again," she laughed.

"Love doing it."

I looked back at my mirror as she went on tiktok. I checked my lashes to make sure they were alright. I was wearing my light fluffy ones that gave my eyes a dramatic cute effect not those big ass fluffy ones.

I smoothed down my hair and I nodded my head in approval. I looked good, so no complaints. I got my silver necklace to add a bit of bang to my black outfit. My necklace was a plain silver chain with an infinite symbol on it. My mom gave it to me since it would always be me and her, after my dad died.

I wear it sometimes, because I'm scared of breaking it or even losing it. It was a small gift, but it meant a lot to me. I looked at the photo of my dad and me, I missed him. He would seriously be happy for me though.

I got up from my desk and I looked in the mirror. I had to make sure I looked good. I was wearing light denim shorts and a black top. I did a look back in the mirror. Yeahh, this was for the day and I added my black cardigan as well just in case.

"They're gonna be staring at your ass the whole time."

"As they should be."

"You know I think you should come with me to the club again."

"I don't mind, I would probably end up watching scenes."

"You can stay with Grayson."

"He doesn't like the whole clingy thing, I don't mind honestly. I have Elijah, sooo."

"Shit, I don't know how you do both of them though."

"They like different things and I adjust pretty well. If it was just Grayson and me after a while, I don't know," I shrug.

My phone started to ring and it was Elijah calling me. I answered the phone and I looked at Brooke, she got the memo. I got my stuff and started to make my way down. Getting outside made me realize it was a bit chilly, but not freezing chilly.

I saw the BMW and I hopped into the back. I said my quick heys and I gave Elijah a quick kiss on his cheek. Grayson I felt a reason to ask just in case he didn't like it.

"Can I give you a kiss?"

"You don't need to ask Angel."

I leaned in and gave him a kiss on the cheek. He was probably right, but I wanted to make sure he was comfortable with it.

"I won't anymore."

Grayson pulled off and he had some amazing driving skills. He drove fast, but he was careful with the way he drived. The first bit of the ride was mostly the radio and I was glued to my phone, so I didn't mind that we didn't talk.

After a while, I wished they would say something. Talk about something, I did want this whole car ride to be in silence.

"Gray, talk to me," I whine.