37

"I don't have a choice"

3RD PERSON'S POV:

STEFAN WAKES UP with a sleeping Rebekah's arm around him. He slowly removes her arm and gets out of the bed. He quickly puts his clothes on with vampire speed, trying to sneak out. He puts on his jacket and opens the door to see Klaus and Angelina standing with smirk

"Leaving so soon?" Angelina asked smirking as Rebekah angrily puts her robe on. "You guys were pretty loud yesterday." She said as Rebekah glanced her with look.

"Good one, Angie" Klaus laughed.

"This is my place, Nik, and I do not appreciate you invading my privacy like some kind of creeping Tom." Rebekah said as she glared at her brother and send her best friend a look.

"Well, I apologize for breaking up this sordid little tryst, but I do have some urgent business. Or have you forgotten - our paranoid brother Kol is running around with the white oak stake and homicide on the brain?" Klaus asked with smirk as Rebekah rolled her eyes.

"He tried to kill me last night. I didn't forget." Rebekah said as Angelina stopped uncomfortable to hear about Kol. They still haven't talked.

"Yes, well, unfortunately he seems to have absconded with my set of daggers." Klaus said.

"Oh, poor Nik. How ever will you get your way without your precious daggers? They were so handy when you wanted to end a conversation with one of us!" Rebekah said as Angelina enjoys their comments.

"Kol's irrational fear of Silas has pushed him over the edge. We need to put him down before he does any more damage. Now, I know you have the last dagger, and I know you have some white ash, so hand it over." Klaus said and Rebekah glanced her best friend.

"You agree to this?" She asked Angelina who shrugged.

"I don't have a choice. Bekah?"

"Mhm, and leave myself unprotected? You can file that request under 'no chance in hell.' Be gone by the time I have showered. Lurkers aren't welcome here." Rebekah said looking at Klaus and she looked at her best friend, "you and I have to talk after that thing over there, who call himself my brother, will leave." Rebekah said leaving the room.

"What did I do?"

"I need that dagger, Stefan. Talk some sense into her." Klaus said looking over at Stefan.

"Why don't you talk some sense into her? I'm headed home to play prison guard to Damon. He's on lockdown ever since Kol compelled him to kill Jeremy last night." Stefan said.

"You see? That's my point exactly. If you let Kol roam free, then Jeremy won't live to see his junior prom, and we can kiss our map to the cure goodbye. But if you help me dagger Kol, Damon will be uncompelled, Jeremy will live, and we will all be on our merry way to a human Elena." Klaus said and Angelina rolled her eyes.

_____________________

It's night-time. Kol is walking down a street listening to music on his phone when it rings. He answers it, and the shots alternate between Kol walking down the street and the inside of the Gilbert house.

"Jeremy Gilbert. Nice to see I'm still on your speed dial, mate. Hey, you want to meet up at the batting cages in Denver?" Kol said.

"Actually, it's Elena Gilbert."

"What a treat. Yeah, I was just thinking of all the clever ways I could have your brother killed, but I'd settle for ripping off his illustrated arm instead." Kol said.

"I need to talk to you - in person." Elena said. In the background, Matt and Jeremy are preparing weapons. "I wanna call a truce, in the name of Silas."

Kol stops walking. "You want to talk about Silas?" He asked

"I will meet you wherever you want. I willl come to you." Elena said.

"I will tell you what. How about I come to you?" Kol offered. The doorbell rings. Everyone turns in surprise. Jeremy cocks his gun and points it at the door. Kol is outside.

"If you want a truce, open the door and invite me in." Kol said as Elena is slightly flustered by the unexpected turn of events and looks around for her next move. "I am waiting. Let me in and let's talk truce."

Elena takes a blackboard down from the wall.

"Hello?"

"Wouldn't that be kind of stupid to invite you in?" Elena said as she starts writing on the board.

"You would think being alive for over a thousand years would teach me some manners, but I couldn't resist stopping by." Kol said.

"If I let you in, my brother goes. You're not getting near him."

"Fair enough."

Elena looks back at Jeremy and nods. Jeremy nods.

"You can come in." Jeremy said as he leaves through the back door.

"No gold medals for bravery, I see. You know the thing I love about the modern age is...music, anytime you like." Kol said as he puts his phone and earphones in his pocket, and it gives Elena a view of the white oak stake, which is stashed in an inside pocket of Kol's jacket.

"So...this is the part where you offer me a drink so we can have a proper chat." Kol said as Elena nods and makes way for Kol, then closes the door.

"On the contrary, I can't kill your brother with my own two hands, or I'll suffer the hunter's curse and spend the next 20 years trying to off myself in gruesome ways." Kol said.

Elena shows what she wrote on the blackboard to Matt: "Help Stefan find dagger". He leaves out the back door.

"And I have heard that vervain's back in town, so I can't compel you to kill him either. So I think it's fair to say you are semi-safe, for now." Kol said.

Elena has erased the board and written a new message for Jeremy. She shows it to him: "Get out. Get Bonnie".

"I'm the only one that can invite him inside." Jeremy said whisperingm

"He's right, obviously." Elena goes and opens the door for Kol.

______________________

A/N

DONE ✔

Uhh I don't want to write what happens next because it will destroy all kolina shippers.