Chapter 43: Pay it back with this life

Nine Heavens, Lugu Palace.

In the Zhiyu Immortal Palace, on the bed, a man dressed in a moon-white middle coat was thin and his face was like white jade, but at this moment, his eyes were tightly closed, and his eyebrows were tightly twisted, as if he had fallen into a nightmare.

Cold sweat trickled down his forehead, his hands unconsciously clenched the futon around his waist, and a few painful moans came out from time to time in his throat.

For more than 100,000 years, Zhiyu Xianjun has always been alone and has never been married.

Although he had fallen in love with the previous emperor Yan Kite a long time ago, and had also died for the other party in the war of gods and demons, that person had no mercy for himself, so he had to give up.

In recent years, for some reason, he often dreamed that he was wearing a red wedding dress, a phoenix crown, and slowly walked towards a man whose face he couldn't see clearly.

Strangely, he couldn't see the man's face clearly, but he could feel the gentle gaze of the other party.

When he walked up to the man, the man lowered his head, looked at him stupidly, and called him: "A-Ning..."

In the dream, he seemed to hate the man, and when the man reached out to touch his face, he turned his head sideways and slapped the man's hand away.

The man's hand froze in mid-air, then slowly retracted it with a look of loss on his face.

"A-Ning... Teach me to write your name... Is it good?" the man said hoarsely.

"You don't deserve it in the next life." He replied coldly.

As the words fell, for some reason, suddenly someone held him from behind, and the man who held him put a dagger on his neck and threatened the man to kill himself before he could let him go.

He thought he was going to die, but when he looked up, he saw the man looking at him with sad eyes, and stabbed the curved blade of his hand into the heart.

"A-Ning... You're free," the man said with a smile.

Then the man's body gradually turned into a little blood mist and disappeared in front of him...

Zhiyu Immortal Jun was stunned in place.

He should have been glad that the disgusted man was gone, but the fact was that his heart seemed to have been taken away from him at that moment, and suddenly it became empty, and he stretched out his hand blankly, trying to grasp something, but could not grasp anything.

After the man disappeared, the people who held him hostage, as well as the full hall of guests, disappeared in an instant, and the lively hall became extremely silent, and Zhiyu Xianjun looked around, tears welling up in his eyes.

"No..."

"Don't go..."

He was suddenly a little afraid of being alone, he regretted it, he didn't want that person to die, that person died, and he had nothing.

But it was too late.

The space around him became distorted, and as soon as the picture turned, he suddenly appeared in a wilderness full of brassicles, under the light of the golden crow, as far as the eye could see, there was an endless sea of golden flowers, and there was a little figure about three or four years old holding a handful of brassica sprouts from a distance, smiling and running towards him, calling for something.

The wind blew through the brassica and blew on his face, but Zhiyu Xianjun couldn't hear the sound of the wind, nor could he hear what the little man was saying.