Chapter 43

Sunghoon's

Sunghoon's

We started eating, talking about some things. I felt nice in their company. They are a nice family that I am in no doubt jealous of, but at least I can spend some time with a united family. I could still sense a little tension between Nabi and her parents. Especially her father. She avoided glancing at him and stayed quiet when he was asking a question. I understand her, he slapped her for fuck's sake. Who does that to their kid when they're struggling? If that's why she was so stressed when I caught her on his birthday, then I can't imagine how stressed she was those two years.

I smiled at her as she caught me looking at her. I winked at her and she smiled too. I put a bite in my mouth and complimented her mother for the delicious food. It was really delicious indeed. Nabi was taking small bites and chewing slowly. I frowned.

"Are you feeling sick?" I whispered while Jake was saying something. Nabi looked at me and shook her head.

"No, I'm not hungry. I'm fine, don't worry." She whispered and I nodded. I hope she ate well before that. She's not as skinny as she was when we first met and it's making me happy because she's finally eating well. She was scarily thin and light back then, but now she looks healthy and she doesn't have that pale color to her skin.

I remembered how pale she looked couple month ago when she had that cut that wouldn't stop bleeding. Thanks God she told me and I took her to the hospital. I was mad worried. I had feelings for her even back then. I smiled to myself thinking about it. How was I so blind for so long?

I chewed on my food, a little zoned out. Fazed with my thoughts.

"So, Sunghoon." I heard Nabi's father's voice and looked up. "What are you planning to study after you graduate?" He asked and I thoughts about it for a second while he put food in his mouth.

"I'm still not too sure. I am figure skating professionally since I'm eight, but I'm still not sure about this career path. It would be a shame to stop it after so many years of practice." I said and he nodded. Figure skating is the only thing that got me off the problems at home and made me at ease. I started going after my parents started fighting more. I also never had very good social skills so it also helped with this.

Lately I've been hard on myself on practice because I can't land a quad jump that I need for a competition. Also my triple axels are not as flawless as I want them to be and I am annoyed with myself.

"Figure skating is a really hard and expensive sport. It's incredible that you're practicing it professionally. I only wish you the best luck." He said and smiled while I bowed my head in sigh of respect.

"I have a competition in a month so I'm practicing for it." I said and Nabi looked at me with raised brows.

"Really? Where?" She asked and drank from her coke.

"In Italy on the first of February." I said and her face lit up and she smiled. I smiled looking at her being happy. We kept eating and laughing all together. I did feel a bit out of place sometimes but Nabi always made sure to include me.