Chapter 30

Sunghoon's

Sunghoon's

The same day I went home with the aftershock of realization. I dropped Nabi off in front of her house and drove back home smiling like an idiot and singing along the song on the radio. I felt so happy and charged. Like the world suddenly became all pink. I didn't know love felt that good.

"In my life, there's been heartache and pain. I don't know if I can face it again. Can't stop now. I've traveled so far. To change this lonely life. I wanna know what love is. I want you to show me. I wanna feel what love is. I know you can show me." I sang along while driving down the streets, rain pouring on the windows of the car. After seeing my parents fight all my life I never really believed in love, but now, now I know. Ice skating was the only love, the only thing I enjoyed truly.

It was warming my heart thinking about Nabi and when I'm going to see her again and when I'm going to hear her voice or see her smile. I stopped the car and went out still humming the song with that idiotic smile on my face. I went inside.

"I know you can show me. I wanna feel what love is." I still sang quietly and closed the door after myself. My mom turned to me as I took off my shoes and went to the stair still humming.

"What is with you? Are you drunk again?" She got up and came to me. I looked at her with a wide smile.

"No, I'm not, but the world is so wonderful. Everything is so wonderful." I looked around and closed my eyes, imagining Nabi's face and my smile widened.

"You said the exact same thing the last time you were drunk." She said and I shook my head. The warmth in my chest not leaving, the butterflies still flying around in my stomach.

"I'm in love mom, I fell in love. I never thought I'll feel this." I put my hand on my chest, feeling my heartbeat with my hand. It was beating so loud and fast and I was in pure ecstasy. Her lips curved in a small smile.

"At least we didn't mess you up entirely." She muttered and looked away before going back and sitting on the couch where there was a blanked and snacks. She is usually at work at this time. I frowned.

"Aren't you supposed to be at work right now." I asked and sat next to her. She glanced at me and back at the TV where there was playing some rom-com drama.

"I took a day off." She looked down at her hands. "I'm divorcing...again." My expression faltered and I blinked.

"Oh...Sorry." I muttered and she shook her head.

"Don't worry, you won't have to be at any of the sessions or anything." She said and sniffled.

"Well, I haven't liked him from the beginning. He looked like an asshole." I said and shrugged. She smiled and looked at me.

"He is an asshole, but it took me five years to realize it." I looked at her as she was looking down at her hands. I moved closer to her and put an arm around her shoulder as she was wrapped in the blanket.