Chapter 40

Play "Daddy issues" by The Neighborhood

Nabi's

We walked into the hospital. Sunghoon was holding my hand tightly while we were walking. He was walking fast, making big steps with his long legs and I tried to keep up to him, running a little but I still couldn't keep up to him. I squeezed his hand and he turned to me.

"Please slow down a little, I can't keep up." I said and he nodded.

"I'm sorry, I'm a bit stressed." He came closer to me and I held his hand again, smiling up at him.

"It's okay. I understand." I squeezed his hand and led us to the front desk, this time walking slower.

"Hello. We are looking for Park Soo ah. Can you tell us what room she is in?" The lady nodded and typed something on her computer.

"Could you please tell me if you're a relative of the patient first. Otherwise I can't tell you." She said, looking at us.

"Yes, I am Park Sunghoon – her step...son and this is my girlfr- best friend." He explained. My heart raced. Girlfriend...

"Ok, Mrs. Park is in room 288 on the fifth floor." She said and smiled at us. I smiled and thanked her and we went to the elevator.

We got inside and I pressed the fifth floor button. We waited in silence to arrive. I was holding Sunghoon's hand and his leg was moving. He sighed and I squeezed his hand to assure him everything will be okay.

I was still wearing his clothes which were grey sweatpants that were too big for me and I had tied them on my waist and a big black shirt and his hoodie on top. I didn't have enough time to change into my clothes, plus they were still damp. I could only put on my bra before we headed out.

I though Sunghoon and I are close enough and I could walk without a bra on without making him uncomftarble. Also the shirt is quite loose so I thought it won't be a problem, but his whole face reddened once I came out. I hope I didn't make him too uncomftarble, he was glancing down at my shirt once in a while, but I actually didn't feel uncomftarble as I would've had with any other man. I didn't mind him seeing me without a bra.

What is wrong with me?

My thoughts got distracted by the elevator doors opening. We exited and I saw Sunghoon's father waiting outside. We approached him. Sunghoon cleared his throat and he turned to us.

"Oh, hi. You came." Sunghoon nodded, a cold expression on his face. I smiled at his father and bowed slightly.

"Oh hi, nice to meet you again." He said and we shook hands.

"Pleasure is mine." He smiled and looked at Sunghoon that was still holding my hand, squeezing it exceptionally tight this time. I put my hand on his arm and ran it up and down to soothe him. Is it only me or is his arm getting even bigger.