Chapter 22

Nabi's

Nabi's

I closed the car door and put my seatbelt on, before looking at my brother.

"What?" I asked as I fixed some strand of hair on my face. He grinned at me.

"Nothing. Why are you here?" The teasing grin remained on his face. I frowned.

"He was sick and he called me in the morning. He had terrible fever." He started the car and drove off.

"Are you guys seeing each other?" The smug grin spread on his face once again.

"What?! No?! We're just friends!" I argued.

"Yeah sure." I rolled my eyes and scoffed.

"Shut up." I looked out the window. He chuckled and glanced at me.

"And you guys will be going to that biology trip together?" I looked at him and nodded. "Your presentation was really nice indeed. And you didn't get nervous. I'm proud of you." He added and glanced at me and back at the road with a small smile.

"Thank you. I guess it helps having another person with me." He wiggled his brows and I rolled my eyes.

"Your presentation was great too." I said and nodded.

"Yeah if Joy and Heeseung didn't nag again." He frowned. I chuckled.

"It wasn't that bad. It was only a small distraction. What is the matter with those two anyways. Why do they hate each other so much?" I looked at my book, checking it out.

"I don't even know why and I think they themselves don't know. I think their families don't like each other and they were raised hating each other, but I don't know any details. Heeseung doesn't talk about it as well." I nodded with a frown.

"Interesting. She is so pretty and her hair is amazing. Is it naturally blond?" I looked at him as he parked the car in front of the house. We got out of the car and he opened the door.

"Yes, I think it is. She is half Italian." He explained as we walked in the house and took off our shoes.

"Oh, really! I knew she had something different about her features." I walked in and put my bag on the kitchen island. My parents were on the couch watching something on the TV.

"Who are you talking about?" My mom came to us.

"A girl from school." I said and took out some stuff from my bag.

"Ahh okay. Do you want to eat together?" She asked and checked something in the oven. Jake nodded. I went to staircase and he followed me.

"I already ate, but I could come have a bite." I smiled at my mother. She walked to me and kissed me on the cheek before going to Jake and doing the same. She went to the kitchen again. Me and Jake went up the stairs.

"Really? You ate?" He whispered and I nodded.

"I'm proud of you. You're eating well lately." We got at the top of the stairs, staying there.