Chapter 16

Play "Bills" by Enhypen for the best experience

I sat at a café. It looked cozy and nice. I sat on a table for one near the entrance. The waiter came and took my order. I took out my sketch book together with my pencil and started sketching a random human face.

My order came after 15 minutes maybe. I ordered a hot coffee and a croissant. I wasn't hungry for lunch so I ordered that. I kept drawing while eating and sipping from my coffee. My earphones were inside my ears, but my music wasn't too loud. The lighting in the café was nice and it was creating a cozy atmosphere. My tote bag was hanging on the chair behind me. People were walking around me. Waiters taking around orders, customers leaving and new entering.

I had hunched my back over the table while doing my drawing. I got up and cracked my bag and neck. After fixing my posture I kept drawing totally focused on the movements of my hand and the result on the paper. My lips were a bit pouted in concentration.

In the corner of my eye something caught my attention. I turned my head and saw Sunghoon, Jay and Heeseung entering the café. Their presence had power and they were catching the eye, as I noticed couple other customers turn their heads.

I turned my head back towards my sketch book, so that they won't see my face. They cannot see me. What if they tell Jake I was here when he thinks I'm at the library?

I removed one of my earphones, putting it in the case and watched them with corner of my eye as they were coming closer to my table. I looked back at my sketchbook so that I'll look natural.

My eyes widened as I saw who the person I drew looked like. I literally drew Sunghoon! I shut the sketchbook close as fast as I could as they were already behind me. They sat on the table right behind me. I cursed mentally.

I pulled my croissant in front of me so I could finish the other half I still haven't finished. I opened my book on my phone and attempted to read it, but I kept getting distracted and couldn't help but listen to their conversation. I removed my other earphone as well.

"Are you sure about that present. You barely know each other." Jay mentioned.

"I know, but I just think it's perfect for her." Sunghoon responded. I frowned and kept listening.

"It's an expensive gift though. You're not even friends." Jay continued.

"I know it's expensive but I feel some kind of connection. It's like we don't know each other to the smallest detail, but we are still able to understand each other and get closer." Sunghoon responded. I didn't know what to feel.

He's right. Damn it he's right. It does feel this way. It's like we knew each other from before and I'm so comftarble around him. Shit, this is the worst thing that could've happened. I knew I should've stayed away and not get close.

I remembered that call I got from the hospital after they stitched my wound.

Flashback