Chapter 28

The next morning, we woke up with our backs turned to each other

The next morning, we woke up with our backs turned to each other. I never wished more to wake up in his embrace again. It was the calmest I've ever felt in a really long time. No thoughts or worries in my head, no thoughts about my dead best friend or cutting myself.

I sighed and walked to Sunghoon that was still sleeping. I crouched next to him and brushed away hairs from his face, resisting the urge to kiss his forehead. I pursed my lips and tapped his shoulder.

"Sunghoon." I said in a quiet voice and I tapped him again. "Wake up, we have to go." I brushed away the hair from his forehead, exposing the perfect skin there. How can someone look that good in the morning? He grunted and squeezed his eyes shut.

"Come on, you'll sleep in the bus." I said and he opened his eyes. I smiled and he pushed himself up. His hair was messy, sticking out from everywhere and his eyes still half closed, his lips in the cutest pout. I smiled at his cuteness and walked away. I was in my clothes and my luggage was ready. He got up and took clothes from his suitcase and went inside the bathroom. I sat on the bed waiting for him.

Sunghoon's

"Okay, I'm waiting for you outside." Nabi said and left with her bag and suitcase. I nodded and she left. I looked around if I forgot something. I opened the drawer on my side and saw nothing. I was about to exit the room but decided to check everywhere once again, the bathroom, the closet and in the drawers.

I opened my drawer on Nabi's side and saw a book. I frowned and picked it up. So she did have another book after all?

Icebreaker?

I raised my brows. Hockey and figure skating. Nice. Maybe it has some figure skating jumps explained or something. I could check the accuracy. I paused for a couple of seconds, thinking about it. This is invading personal space.

"Fuck it." I opened on a random page. I started reading and widened my eyes. I did not expect that. The cover looks rather innocent. The details in this are scarily on point.

I didn't know she was into these stuff. My eyes were round in shock as I read the page, my jaw to the floor. Now I know why she didn't give it to me. I read the next couple of pages too and closed the book, staring into space for couple of seconds to realize what's happening. I exited the room, the book in my hand.

I got in the bus and Nabi was already sitting on her seat next to the window.

"Hi. I was just about to call you." She put her phone down.

"Hi. You were about to forget this." I said and handed her the book. Her eyes rounded and her face flushed. She took it and looked away.

"Thank you." She muttered without looking at me. I smirked at her flustered state. Nothing bad about reading that. I wouldn't mind doing what was on that page-. I stopped that train of thought with a pinch on my arm.