Chapter 24

I left Nabi alone in the kitchen and made my way to the living room as well

I left Nabi alone in the kitchen and made my way to the living room as well. I plopped on the couch next to Heeseung. I put my hands on my face.

"How did it go? What happened?" I looked at him.

"I'm fucked, man." I said and rubbed my temples.

"Why? She didn't like it?" I shook my head and looked at him.

"No, she loved it." He frowned.

"Then what's the problem?" I ran my hand through my hair and sighed. I put my fingers on the place where her lips were.

"I-" I pinched the bridge of my nose. "I have to think about it a bit more." Heeseung blinked repeatedly at me.

"Let me help you out." He said and turned to me. "You're totally smitten."

"What? I am not!" I argued and frowned.

"Yes, you are! If you're not, tell me what happened in the kitchen." I looked at him without saying anything. "Huh, what did you say?" He crossed his hand in front of his body. I sighed.

"We only hugged. That's it." I shrugged.

"I meant tell me the truth about what happened." I glanced at him with an annoyed look and he smirked.

"Well, we..." He looked at me, expecting me to speak. "We almost kissed." I muttered, looking down.

"And?"

"And? What do you mean 'and?'? That's it." He tilted his head to the side and looked at me. I rolled my eyes and scoffed.

"She kissed my cheek and I kissed her hand. That's it." He nodded.

"I see. And tell me, did you want to kiss her or you had that feeling that it's awfully wrong?" I glanced at him, nibbling on my lower lip.

"I...don't know. I guess it felt right. I wanted to kiss her, but I didn't dare. Before I knew it she pulled away." I explained while smoothing out my black trousers. I imagined what would've happened if she didn't pull away. Imagined the feeling of her lips against mine, her fingers in my hair. My hands on her waist while I was kissing her, pulling her closer. My heart raced and my ears got red.

She's just a friend. Remember.

A friend you can imagine kissing, but still a friend. Nothing else.

"I'll leave you think it over." Heeseung patted my shoulder. I thanked him and he went to sit next to Jay. I stared at nothing, thinking. I heard the door of the kitchen open and close and snapped out of my trans.

I saw Nabi run up the stair with the bag in her hands. She wiped at her face, but I couldn't see it as her back was turned to me. Me and Heeseung looked at each other at the same time. He nodded. I pushed myself up from the couch and excused myself before going upstairs. I knocked on Nabi's door.