Chapter 33

Nabi's

Nabi's

I was sitting down, hunched over the table in the cafeteria, reading my book and snacking on chocolate covered orange crusts. I flipped the page and put the food in my mouth, chewing. My legs were crossed and I held the book open to the table with one hand.

I wore a gray zip up hoodie and a black long sleeved tight shirt with dark gray flared jeans on the bottom. I got really confident yesterday, seeing myself in the flared trousers so I stayed up late last night to find these old jeans that I stopped wearing two years ago since they got too big, but now they fitted perfectly, only a little lose around the waist, but I wore a belt with it.

My glasses were slipping down my nose and hair was put up in a low pony, letting the short strands at the front. I still chewed on my chocolate covered orange crusts when I heard someone approach me. I didn't pay much attention since people were going around in the cafeteria.

"Hey." I heard someone next to me and lifted my head. I smiled as I saw Joy in front of me.

"Hey, how are you." I asked and put my bookmark in my book and closed it.

"I'm good. You?" She asked and sat down after putting her backpack on a chair next to me.

"I'm good too. You want some?" I asked and showed her the box I put the chocolate oranges in. She shook her head.

"No, thank you." She said and I took another one in my mouth.

"I have to ask you something." Joy said and sighed, running a hand through her head, seemingly nervous. I nodded and she took out a sketchbook from her backpack. She went through the pages quickly before stopping on one page. She looked at it for a second or two and gave it to me.

I frowned, seeing the finely made drawing. On the warm brownish page was a detailed drawing of Heeseung in his side profile. I looked at Joy and she was rubbing her temple and her cheeks were flushed. I frowned at the drawing, wondering what could possibly be wrong with it. It was flawless.

"There is this thing." She started and I listened to her with a frown as she explained.

"I was drawing yesterday and I wanted to draw someone who...is I don't know, my perfect type I guess and at some point it started to look like...Heeseung." She explained, fidgeting with her hands and rubbing her temples. I smiled a little.

"The same happened to me with Sunghoon." I said and she looked at me.

"Really?" I nodded.

"I still don't know why and what it means." I said, not able to take my eyes off the exquisite drawing, her talent is unlimited.

"I always forget you're not together." She said, making me look away from the drawing to her, with a frown. "Every time I see you I just think 'Oh they're so cute.'" She said and my heart thrummed in excitement. Butterflies swirling around in my stomach and I felt a ticklish feeling in my tummy.