Chapter 57

Kelby arrives back home as he sees the family prepping the outside. Rosalie skips over and she passes Leo to him. Leo touches Kelby's face and shows him Charlie's visit and Emmett's teasing Bella. Leo rests his head on Kelby's shoulder and his green eyes flutter closed for a nap.

Bella watches as the thick muscles in Emmett's arm roll and she swallows while keeping her face smooth.

"You for this, Bella."

"Kelby!" Bella gasps. "When did you get back?"

"About fifty seconds ago," Kelby replies. "I went to visit Leonard's grave."

Bella smiles. "Good. You haven't went in a while," she says before she approaches the rock where Emmett's waiting. She tried to look unconcerned and she leans her elbow against the rock. "Okay, Emmett," she says. "I win, you can't say one more word about my sex life to anyone, not even Rose. No allusions, no innuendos- no nothing."

Emmett narrows his eyes at her. "Deal," he says. "I win, and it gets a lot worse."

Kelby and Edward share an amused look.

"Bella's gonna kick his ass," Kelby thinks.

"I agree," Edward replies to him.

The match begins. They all watch in anticipation, even they know how strong a newborn vampire is. Emmett ends up losing and he kicks a fragment of the rock across the river and it slides through a maple in hand before thudding into a bug fir, which swats and falls onto another tree.

"Rematch. Tomorrow," Emmett demands.

"It's not going to wear off that fast," Bella tells him as a reminder. "Maybe you ought to give it a month."

Emmett growls, flashing his teeth. "Tomorrow."

"Hey, whatever makes you happy, big brother," Bella taunts and Kelby brings.

Kelby chuckles and he walks inside with Leo. He starts ticking him in the living room and when Leo laughs and kicks his feet, everyone rushes in to watch - even Leah.