Chapter 24

Kelby has spent the next few weeks bonding with the kids at the shelter when one morning, he gets a text from Alice staying that she was going to Forks because she got vision of Bella. She saw Bella going over a cliff and into the water. Kelby told her that he won't come back until the others do and Alice told him that Rosalie would stop by the shelter if they do come back.
******

A few days after Alice's text.

"Kel! Kel!" Kelsea comes running into the gym. "There's a pretty blonde girl here looking for you."

Kelby nods. "I'll be right there."

Kelsea nods and she runs off. Kelby grabs his jacket and he looks at Wyatt and Jordan, a seventeen-year-old gay couple who came to the center two weeks ago. They're playing a round of one-on-one basketball.

"Not watching me kick his ass?" Wyatt jokes.

"Not this time," Kelby muses. "You two behave and no sex under the bleachers. Save it for a bed."

"Kelby!" Kylan scolds with a playful flint in his eye. "You're such a terrible influence."

"Please. These guys love me," Kelby muses.

Kelby leaves the gym after fist bumping Kylan and he goes to the front. He smiles when he lays eyes on Rosalie.

"Rosalie!" Kelby gives her a tight hug. "Kelsea, this is one of my sisters I got when I was adopted, Rosalie. Rosalie, this is Kelsea."

"Hey," Rosalie greets. "This place is nice. It's for the LGBTQ community?"

"It is," Kareem says as he walks over. "Hi, I'm Kareem Patel. Would you like a tour before you steal the kids' favorite gay?"

"Please, they love you and Kylan, too," Kelby muses.

"I'd love one," Rosalie replies when Kareem waves Kelby off.

"Are you going with her?" Kelsea asks and Kelby reluctantly nods. "I can still call you whenever, right?"

"Always," Kelby replies. "Wanna help me pack?"

"Yeah," Kelsea replies.
********

"I never thought you'd go back to Seattle," Rosalie admits as she drives Kelby back to Forks in her red Porsche.

"Me neither," Kelby admits. "Truthfully, if it wasn't for that center, I never would have stayed in Seattle. Kareem and Kylan have a great place there."

"I believe you," Rosalie admits. "That Kelsea girl adored you."

"I saved her from her suicidal thoughts a while back," Kelby says. "She was so shy, but I kind of became her sort-of therapist." He watches as the pass the Forks sign. "I never came back to Forks. I wanted to... so that I could check on Bella, but I wound up staying in Seattle. I really did like that city when I was a human. I just didn't like hiding who I was. Kareem, Kylan, and all of those kids taught me that no matter what people think, that it's okay to be who I am."

"That's what we've been trying to tell you since I turned you," Rosalie says. "You're allowed to be who you are. It's okay for you to be who you are, even if it means you're gay. You are great, Kelby."

Kelby smiles and Rosalie drives to the house. She helps him bring his stuff inside.

"Kelby," Bella breathes. She's reunited with them all but Kelby.

Rosalie and Emmett drove her and Edward from the airport and she apologized Bella.

Kelby smiles gently at Bella. He inhales deeply and he hums. "Don't worry, I won't hurt you," he says. "I was next to an open wound a few weeks ago and I kept control. Caius Volturi helped me with my control perfectly."

"I've been worried since my birthday," Bella admits. "You looked so... lost."

"Your blood was... it was overwhelming," Kelby admits. "I'm fine now. Don't worry." He looks around at all of the couples and he deflates a little bit, remembering just how alone he is. "I'm going out. We need groceries for me and for Bella." He turns and he leaves.

Bella watches through the window until Kelby's fully gone.

"Does Kelby ever find his mate, Alice?" Bella asks the clairvoyant once Kelby's gone, turning to the pixie.

"I see him with a guy Carlisle knows," Alice says.

"Who?" Carlisle asks.

"Alistair," Alice replies. "I don't know exactly when, but I see Kelby and Alistair are mates. They just haven't met yet. That LGBTQ+ Community Center in Seattle has helped Kelby come into who he is. Alistair will be a big help, too. They just have to meet."

"Alistair will be good for him," Carlisle says. "Perhaps he'll become more sociable upon meeting Kelby."

"We shall see," Alice replies. She smiles adoringly at Bella. "We're home now, Bella. It'll all be okay now."

Bella smiles. "Thank you, Alice," she says.

A,ice hugs her and Edward goes to the window to watch for Kelby to come back.