Chapter 43

It is now August and it's nearing the time of the Cullen/Swan wedding. Kelby Emmett, and Jasper are bringing Edward out to hunt for his bachelor party. Kelby tried to convince the others to get male strippers for his own satisfaction. He's in the constantly aroused stage of being mateless, so Edward said no. Jasper suggested a male-only hunting party. 

"Hey, Emmett," Kelby says. "Five bucks says I find the first bear."

The two share a look.

"Oh, you're on!" Emmett boasts.

When they run off, Edward and Jasper follow them to make sure one doesn't lie. They continue to do their competition until Emmett wins and he boasts about it until Kelby steals the second bear from him, making Emmett all pouty.
********

"How do you feel about getting married?" Kelby asks Edward anger the groom-to-be gets some mountain lion in his system.

"I'm excited, but I know Bella will want to be changed even worse than she does now," Edward says. 'I don't want her to become one of us yet."

"I know." Kelby jumps into the tree that Edward's in and sits by him. "I don't want her to be a vampire, either. But she's choosing this. She wants to be like us, Edward, so that she can spend forever with you. I think that's sweet. Sure, it's a little selfish that she's not thinking about Charlie or her mother, but... in the end, it is her decision."

"I know," Edward replies. "I don't like it, but I know. I'm glad you'll be my best man."

"Of course," Kelby replies.

The two sit there in silence while Jasper and Emmett finish off their nightly activities.