Chapter 41

Jasper finds Kelby the next morning. He felt his depressing emotions all night and they stuck out like a sore thumb against the others. He sees him still in a corner, tearful. He sighs and he walks over and kneels before him.

"Want to come to training?" he asks.

"Will it make a difference if I don't fight?" Kelby asks,

"Yes." Jasper smirks.  "You're just as good a fighter as I am. You can miss this first training, but you're coming to the rest. Will that work?"

Kelby smiles and he nods. "Yeah..." he sighs. "I let that human get to me."

"You have a violent past with homophobia," Jasper says. "No one is judging you for this reaction. It's natural. Just do us all a favor and either go hunt or cook yourself something to eat in the kitchen. Please."

"I will later," Kelby murmurs.

Jasper gives Kelby's elbow a squeeze on the bicep before extracting his hand. "We'll be back later," he says.

Kelby eats about an hour after they leave. He goes to the next few trainings over the next few days until the battle comes. Kelby and Jasper work together like they've been fighting together for years. He even talks evenly with Jane, Alec, Felix, and Dimitri when they arrive and they kill a young newborn named Bree Smith.

They all go home winners of this battle and Bella is safe.... And engaged to Edward.