Chapter 13

October.

Felix stares at Kelby with a glare. "Dude!" He scoffs. "You got sauce on me! You were food fighting with Precilla, not me!"

Precilla Santiago is the human chef that the Kings brought in from Venice on the 29th of September. She and Kelby became pretty good friends.

Dimitri's crimson eyes are light up brightly in amusement as Felix scolds Kelby. The two became fair friends, but they're not best friends. Kelby is closer to Dimitri, the tracker. Dimitri has a liking for the vampire, as well.
********

November.

Kelby eats some pasta and bread with Precilla. The Kings are feeding, Felix and Dimitri are out getting a rule breaking Greek vampire named Ezekiel from Thessaloniki, Greece. Jane and Alec, the twins, are in Sicily, Italy to gather a vampire who broke the rules. The wives have done brought shopping in Florence and Volterra with a full moon in the sky.

Caius and Marcus taught him about moon wolves and how they differ from shapeshifters. Kelby's learned so much since he came to the Volturi castle in Volterra, Italy.

Kelby goes to his room once he's done eating and he picks up the phone he recently agreed to finally have to call Carlisle. No one knows where he is. They're all assuming he's in Seattle or Port Angeles. Kelby dials a familiar cellphone number and puts the phone to his ear.

"Hello?"

"Carlisle, it's Kelby."

Kelby hears the relief in Carlisle's sigh.

"Kelby, thank God you're okay," Carlisle says. "Do you know how worried we've been?"

"Kelby!" Athenadora and Sulpicia enter the chambers.

"We brought you some animal blood," Sulpicia says and she hands him five water bottles full. "Italian Wolf, Mariscan brown bear, wild boar, chamois, and Ibex."

"Thank you, ladies," Kelby says with a smirk.

The wives peck each cheek before they leave.

"I'm in Volterra Carlisle," Kelby says. "The Kings have been helping me."

Carlisle sighs. "They will," he says. "I'm glad you're safe, Kelby. I've been so worried."

"I didn't mean to worry you," Kelby admits. "How are the others?"

"Jasper's still beating himself up," Carlisle says. "Rosalie and Emmett aren't to thrilled. Esme misses you. Jasper and Alice are traveling but they'll return here soon."

"We all miss him," Emmett corrects.

"I miss all of you, too," Kelby says and someone knocks, Caius enters. "More control training, Caius?"

"Yes," Caius replies.

"I have to go, Carlisle," Kelby says. "I just wanted to let you know that I'm okay, and that I'm safe."

"We're in Denali for whenever you're ready to come find us," Carlisle says.

Kelby puts the phone back on the base and he leaves with Caius.
*******

December.

Kelby goes out with Felix and Dimitri because they want to see her hunt. She says a bead, some deer, and a lynx. They go back to the castle, laughing. Jane and Alec share a look. They're glad that Kelby fits in with them, but hey know he'll be leaving soon because his control's better.

Kelby yawns, surprising himself. He says bye to his friends and he runs off. He gets into his satin pajamas the wives bought him and he crawls into the bed under the covers and he sleeps for the first time since 1958.