54. Hail to the King and Queen

Abhinav

The next time I woke up, I was lying alone on the carpet. I looked around to find her and her anklet bells got my attention. She walked out of the closet wearing a simple cotton saree, her wet hair tied in a towel. She walked to me with a smile, bent to my level, kissed my forehead, and whispered,

"Good morning, Nav!" I pulled her onto me by her wrist and wound my hands around her petite waist caging her in my embrace.

"Good morning, Princess." I wished her back and pecked her forehead. We stayed like that for a few minutes and then she asked me to get ready. I obliged.

By the time I walked out of the closet dressed, she was holding my Sherwani dupatta and was folding it. I went to her and back hugged her nuzzling my nose in the crook of her neck, kissing there.

"Nav, don't do that na," She pleaded clutching the dupatta tightly. I left her with a last deep kiss on her neck and came in front of her. She made me sit on the stool in front of the mirror and set my dupatta. Then she tied the shafa/pagdi around my head. She made me wear a few heavy pearl sets not giving in to my requests to keep it simple.

"Done," She exclaimed once she was done with whatever she was doing and came in front to take a direct look at me. She touched her folded hands to her forehead making me chuckle.

"Don't laugh, Nav. You are looking so handsome, what if someone cast an evil eye on my precious baby?" She chided, took a little kajal from her eye, and applied it behind my ear.  Sometimes she becomes my mother and does things that I yearned to experience seeing my friends. 

"Did you just call me baby, Princess? You know I can make you bear our babies, right?" I teased and her cheeks flushed pink at my words. She hit my chest lightly, I pulled her by wrist and she landed on my lap. She hid her face in my chest making me chuckle at her.

"Now, you are ready to be a king, my prince," she announced getting off from my lap. I nodded at her with a smile and left to check the arrangements before she got dressed. I offered help but she refused saying I distract her more and help less.

By the time, I completed checking everything, Dadi sa came to me and asked me to proceed to the courtroom. I followed her along with Abhishek, Abir, and Ishaan. Abhigya is with Isha and Dadi sa said they will be coming in a few moments.

The sounds of Dhol and tashe along with other instruments reverberated in the courtroom as we entered after the announcer announced our entry. Everyone stood up from their seats to show respect towards the king and the future king. Dad and I moved to the throne followed by Dadi sa, Dadu sa, and the boys. 

I stood on the last step, beside the throne along with Dad while Abhishek and Abir stood a step lower along with Ishaan, Dadi sa, and Dadu sa. I saw a glimpse of Isha standing on a higher pavilion looking at me with a huge smile. She gave me an encouraging smile when our eyes met and I nodded at her. Dadi Sa said she could enter the courtroom only after my coronation, i.e., at the time of her coronation and it was non-negotiable.

"Today, I take immense pride and pleasure to announce my only son, the first heir of Rathores, Yuvraj Abhinav Singh Rathore as your king and my successor. You all know his achievements as the CEO of Rathore groups and are well aware of his capabilities. I am confident that he will fulfill his responsibilities as your king with equal passion and care."  Dad completed his announcement, made me wear the crown, and passed me our ancestral sword. I took the sword and touched it to my forehead as a mark of respect and then he made me sit on the throne.

I looked up to find Isha but she was not present there. Suddenly, the announcer's voice announcing the entry of the Queen caught my attention and my gaze turned to the entrance of the courtroom.