CHAPTER-35"Teasing Trails"

Dadaji siting on a couch at night, resting his elbows on his knees and supporting his chin with his hands, lost in deep thought.

Flashback:

"Suryavanshiji, you are aware of the rising inflation and the increased expenses of education in today's time. It's not a laughing matter to raise an orphan, especially considering the significant cost involved." Mamiji says in a dramatic tone, addressing Dadaji who stands in front of her.

There's no one else in Dadaji's room besides him and Mamiji. Mamiji wanted to speak to Dadaji alone, so the others with Mamaji and Kanu, are in the hall.

Today, Mamaji and Mamiji have come to fix the engagement and wedding dates at the Suryawanshi mansion. While Ciashi remains at home.

Raman didn't want Ciashi to visit the house right now. He wanted Ciashi to enter the house with a grand welcome,
Dadaji speaks with seriousness, "Anjaliji, from our side, there's no demand for dowry or anything else. We only wish that Ciashi becomes the daughter-in-law of this house."

In a dramatic manner, Mamiji responds, "Suryanwanshiji, you don't understand what I'am saying. Now, Ciashi's engagement and then the wedding, inviting so many guests, decorations - all of this involves a considerable expense. How will we manage all this? You know we come from a middle-class background, right?"

Dadaji's expression changes, and with a touch of anger in his voice, he says, "Now I understand very well, Anjali ji, what you saying." Saying this, he moves towards a wooden drawer and takes out a pen and checkbook, placing it in front of Mamiji on a mirrored table. "You can fill in any amount you want, and I will sign this check." With both palms on his back, Dadaji stands, facing the opposite direction to Mamiji.

Looking at the check, Mamiji's eyes glow, and she eagerly wants to accept it. "How can I write on the check?"

Dadaji picks up the pen and checkbook, saying, "Tell me the amount you want to put on the check."

Mamiji replies, "Um, I think... 5 crores..."

"10 crores," Say's Dadaji writing on the checkbook, "And, one more thing, we will handle all the arrangements for the engagement as well as wedding. You don't need to worry about anything." He tears a page from the checkbook and places it on the table in front of Mamiji.

Mamiji gasps as Dadaji announces the money. She looks at the check, lifts it, and starts moving towards the door.

Dadaji asks Mamiji, "Does anyone else know about this besides us?"

Mamiji turns to Dadaji, "No, nobody else."

Dadaji advises, "And be careful that no one else gets to know about it."

Mamiji nods before leaving the room. Dadaji, sitting on the couch, wonders how a person can be so greedy, asking for a price to raise her. He contemplates how they will treat Ciashi, what kind of relationship she'll have with them, and how he can ensure that Raman doesn't find out about all this.

At Vaidehi's house:

The doorbell rings, and Ciashi opens the door to find Mamaji, Mamiji, and Kanu.

"Ciahi, bring some water please." Mamaji says as they enter the gate.

As everyone sits on the sofas, Ciashi, with a gentle smile, brings a tray with glasses of water for everyone.

Mamiji, Mamaji, and Kanu each take a glass of water. There is happiness on everyone's faces, but also a sense of fatigue.

"Ciashi didi, your sasural's house is very grand, with many cars and servants. And the best part is Raman Jiju. After going to your in-laws, you will live like a queen. Didi, you won't forget us after going to your in-laws, right?" Kanu says with joy and excitement, suddenly getting upset.

"No, Kanu, I will never forget anyone, especially not you." Ciashi looks at Kanu with teary eyes and pulls him into a hug.

Mamaji says, "Kanu! You made didi cry, say sorry to her."

Mamiji adds, "Oh, let her cry. Anyway, there are only a few days left for Ciashi to be in this house. Next week is the engagement, and the wedding will be a month after that." Mamiji says with a sarcastic tone and rolled eyes.

"What! Mamaji, is it true?" Ciashi looks shocked as tears roll down her cheeks.

"Yes, Ciashi beta, Panditji clearly stated that we need to have the wedding in about a month. That's why the dates are fixed like this." Mamaji says.

As Mamaji speaks, Ciashi quickly climbs the stairs to her room, sobbing.

Ciashi is overcome with a deep sadness as the thought of leaving her home soon brings tears to her eyes. Her emotions are evident in the pain she feels about parting ways with her loved ones and cherished belongings. It's a heavy feeling, the kind any girl would understand when faced with leaving behind the memories of her childhood home.

******************************

In Lakshay's room, various sounds from a video game, like loading and different shots, create an echoing atmosphere. Lakshay, completely absorbed in his gaming, holds the gaming remote and wears headphones, lying comfortably on his bed with the support of his elbows.

Amidst all this, the distinct "tring tring" sound interrupts the gaming ambiance, drawing Lakshay's attention. Seeing Raman's name on his phone screen, Lakshay briefly glances at it before immersing himself once more in the captivating world of the game.

"Yess!" cheers erupted as Lakshay raised his hands, his face lit up with joy as he secured the win. With arms raised in triumph, he celebrated his well-deserved victory before picking up his phone.

"Yes, bhai!" Lakshay answered the phone call while casually roaming around in just his lower and a loose t-shirt.

"Bhai ke bacche, I've been calling you for a few minutes. Where were you busy till now?" Raman politely scolded Lakshay.

"Bhai, I was playing a video game, and when you called me, I was in the middle of a match. So, I ignored your call. You know, bhai, how fond I am of winning," Lakshay explained.

Raman, slightly annoyed, stuttered, "What! You... you ignored my call? What if someone had a knife to my neck?"

Lakshay, in a very chilled tone, replied, "Cool, bhai. Nobody has been born with a butt yet, who would dare to mess with you."

Raman, intervening, said, "Forget about this. Just listen to why I called you."

"Okay," Lakshay nodded before Raman continued, "Today, you have to pick Ciashi up from her home and then take her shopping for marriage stuff."

"Really! I can't tell you, Raman bhai, how excited I am to meet her." The excitement in Lakshay's voice was palpable.

"Um... bhai, the personality you described earlier when you hadn't even met her shows that she must be a sporty, rough-and-tough kind of person. So, I don't think she will take much time for shopping because how much time could someone take for tracksuits and a pair of shoes," Lakshay chuckled before continuing.

"Don't worry, bhai. We'll get matching tracksuits for you too instead of a sherwani." Lakshay burst into laughter.

"Shut up, Lakshay," frustrated Raman raised his voice.

After controlling his laughter, Lakshay asked, "Bhai, which sports does she play? Football, basketball, gymnastics, or maybe judo, karate, or boxing? Bhai, she won't punch me, right?"

"Stop it, Lakshay. Do what I just said, and behave properly with her." Raman hung up before saying another word.