Chapter 28 Mercy?

I got back into the broken car and headed my way to where Dylan wanted to meet. The max time I was willing to spend on this issue was a day, due to the situation with Bella.

And if I didn't catch this culprit which I knew I was indeed going to find, I could simply run with Bella. I'm not much of a runner, but to spend my last days with her I would do it.

I said last days without Bella without even believing my own words. Was she right was I really deceiving myself into buying my own lies? Was I not going to be able to save her this time?

The only problem with running was my mom. If they wanted to kill me and couldn't find me, they would head for my mom and use her as leverage. I needed to ensure she was hidden from the people seeking to murder me which was soon about to be a global range of people.

...

"Morning Dylan." I got out of the broken-down car to shake his murky hand. "I heard about the little incident." He took out his phone, opening an unfamiliar app. "I can track the culprit." He said happily.

"And how does that go?" I asked with interest the size of grain due to the fact that this was impossible, well at least it seemed impossible. He opened the app and pointed at a blue dot moving around the screen. "Thats him!" He followed it with his fingernail. He had already moved on to another state, likely with the intentions of selling the clip.

"Get in." I ordered, and opened the door. He hopped in and we sped off. The sun hadn't fully come out so streaks of orange and red filled the sky.

Dylan set the phone on top of the trinkets tray and I followed the direction that the app was requesting. "Dylan I swear if this tracker is some kind of trap I will beat your guts out." I grumbled as I sped.

Thirty minutes later we arrived at a broken down building in which the blue dot had stopped moving at. It was made of grey cement and was covered in cracks. Metal fences surrounded the perimeter, and on the top of each fence were prickly needles covering the top so that no one could get inside.

Like that was going to stop me. I jumped over the wires, cutting the palms of my hands. "Wasn't there a smarter way to do that Lorenzo?" Dylan stressed, not wanting to do what I did. He took a large knife and drove the blade through the top parts of it, cutting off the sharp parts. I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed. "Be a man!" I complained.

Once we both crossed the fence I attempted finding an entrance door, or any possible way to get inside of the building. The walls were covered in cracks giving the impression that it was abandoned.

I went for a jog around the perimeter and found nothing but a small cracked window. It was half open.

Bingo!

I ran back to Dylan and yanked his arm so that he would follow me. We easily got inside the building and inside was almost worst than the outside. It looked abandoned and was filthy. We had to make sure to keep quiet so that whoever was there wouldn't hear us. I took out my pistol holding it in front of my face. I was ready to shoot whoever was willing to get in my way.

I noticed a faint light spilling from upstairs on the wooden tiles. I followed the small streak and it led me to a room. Dylan was right behind me, fully armed. I kicked the door open expecting a to see a young man, ready to fight me, but instead an old man was sitting on a bed holding a small phone.

He looked at me startled. "Give me the phone." I approached him with caution, never letting my guard down. He handed me the phone without hesitation holding his hands up.

"Dylan are you sure this is the right man?" I whispered. He nodded. "Who do you work for?" I asked lifting the man's chin with the tip of my gun.

"No one I swear!" He cried. "I'm not in the mood for games old man." I firmly said. Dylan hold the gun on his head while I search his phone. I searched his photos, but couldn't find any signs of a clip. Instead I saw two young blonde boys, and the old man hugging them.