Chapter 8 Lorenzo

When I walked out of the room Lea was already waiting next to the door.

"Hey Lea thank's for waiting here." I smiled and adjusted my bag. "Oh my god did he talk to you?" "No he didn't he just bumped into my shoulder."

Lea rolled her eyes and we walked over to the cafeteria. I pulled out one of the blue trays and grabbed a Cesar salad.

When we walked up to the register to checkout the lady looked like she was going to puke just by looking at me. She was covered in piercings and had black hair with purple highlights.

I gave her the money in ten cent coins and she counted each one by slamming them on the table. When she was done she motioned her hand for the next person to come.

She could have had a better mood.

"I'm going to find a table Lea find me somewhere here." She agreed and I walked away to get a table in the corner. It was empty so I assumed that I could sit there.

When I set my tray on the table a girl tapped on my shoulder. "Hi Bella it's me Ben remember?" He said placing his tray next to mine. "Oh right, nice seeing you again!"

"So I assume it's your first day?" "Sure is!" I replied trying to put some emphasis. "Well I hope you didn't run into Lorenzo yet. Trust me you might not want to hang out with him. He is trouble, he is kind of mysterious and always alone."

"Well we are in college I won't be seeing him everyday I guess." "Actually you will, he is somehow always around."

"Okay I guess." "I like your sunflower dress." "Oh thanks! I love sunflowers." Things felt a little awkward around Ben even though he was supper friendly. I stood up to walk to the bathroom and saw Lorenzo standing outside of the men's bathroom.

Before I walked inside the woman's bathroom I caught him looking at me. Every time he looked at me I could feel my heart beat 100 times faster.

When I came out of the bathroom he was no longer there. For some reason I hoped to see him standing and waiting for me there. I didn't understand why though.

...

Hours passed and once I was finished with school I decided to to the library. I walked around and chose a few books to study with.

I wish Lea could have come with me, but she was to busy going to the movies with her drugged boyfriend. What am I thinking it's my first day. I shouldn't expect her to be with me right now anyways. Who even likes coming to the library other than me anyways?

The book shelves were just endless rows of information. Thousands of books were just sitting on the shelves waiting to be read. I just couldn't stop marvelling over them.

It took me hours of searching, but I finally found the right books so I checked them out with the librarian.

I sometimes wished that I lived in a library so that I could have unlimited access to books. When I was done checking out my eyes scanned the room for tables. I spotted a few in the corner of the library where some of the quiet kids were sitting. I tried my best to make sure my clumsiness wouldn't suddenly show.

Isabella you can walk six meters without stumbling over yourself.

I walked cautiously towards the table watching my every footstep, making sure not to make a single sound. I must have looked crazy because I was tiptoeing until the tables, but at this point I would have done anything to get rid of my clumsiness.

I looked at my feet and held my breath as I got closer to the table. I pulled one of the wooden chairs out and that made the screechiest most embarrassing noise I could ever hear. I felt everyones eyes slowly look up at me.