Chapter 5 Sparks

"Well, you kids should go have some fun while
I have a conversation here. Go show Grayson around the house!" Giovanni said before giving me one of those 'Go away' looks.

I grabbed Grayson's hand and pulled him with me. "Let me show you around the house, follow me."

"Okay." He muttered as he slouched behind me. As we walked further into the house my mind erupted with questions. We almost never had company at the house other than our maids. My uncle home schooled me ever since I came.

Soon my uncontrollable mouth opened. "So... Grayson, why did you come here?" I asked as we walked next to each other.

"My mother needed a job, she came here to work for you as the cleaner." He mumbled keeping his head low.

"Hey, if you ever need someone to talk to you can always come to my room and talk." I stoped to look at him and he turned to face me.

He looked up at me again and said: "Thank you." He looked very serious and tense the whole time that we were walking.

"Let me show you to my room!" I smiled and pulled him with me to the second staircase leading there. When we both reached the top Grayson was surprisingly not out of breath even though it was about 200 stairs that he had just climbed.

Unlike Grayson, I was nearly dying. "So... feel free to explore, sorry for the mess." I said before unlocking the door. He walked inside first and I followed behind shutting the door in the process.

He looked around amused at my mess, he didn't say anything he just stood there and looked around. "This is... amazing." He looked at me with a surprised expression, almost like it was his first time entering a room.

"Y- You like painting?" He asked with some excitement. "Of course I do!" I said a bit too loud so I covered my mouth.

"Do you like painting too?" I asked handing him a dried up paintbrush. He held it as if it were gold. It looked like he had never seen such a thing before.

"Keep it." I said, closing the hand he was holding the brush in and pushing it towards him. His eyes were filled with bright stars. "Thank you, call me Gray." His lip slightly curved upwards and that made me feel a tiny bit fuzzy from the inside.

"Well I need to get this mess cleaned up before my uncle sees it, can you not show this to him?" I said pointing at the brush I had just given him.

"Yea, I won't." He he grinned and for the first time I saw his beautiful pearly white teeth.

"Feel free to explore the house!" I offered before grabbing a paint board and folding it to put it away. Gray walked out of my room, I knew he was gone when the sound of his foot steps against the creaky wood could no longer be heard.

I grabbed my paint brushes and washed them, then put them in jars as fast as I could. I went and pushed all of my art things into a small box and then straight to my storage closet where I could ensure no one would find them.

I ran to the nearest bathroom and grabbed some paper with water then started to wipe the stains off of my desk.

As soon as I was done cleaning I grabbed a baby blue sundress with sunflowers on it and a white bow then threw it on my bed. I need to go wash all of these paint stains off my hands before uncle sees them again.

I went back the the bathroom and scrubbed them off. When I was done my skin was basically pealing off due to the irritation.

I put the sun dress on and put the white bow on the back of my dirty blond wavy hair. I tied the two sides on the front of my hair to the bow and it looked just like I would normally use it.