Chapter 4 Grayson Moretti

Isabella
Eight years ago...

"Rose!!" I yelled from my room. "Get over here I have to show you something!!" In a few seconds, I heard heavy footsteps making their way up. "Well... how do you like this? I made it for you!" I showed her a poster I had painted. "Oh my god that is so cool can I see it?" She asked with enthusiasm before holding the painting and staring at it as her face distorted.

"Oops! Oh no, I'm so sorry!" She sarcastically apologized as she dropped the painting that took me hours to make. "You know what happens when you paint!! I guess I will just have to go and tell uncle Gio that you painted."She smirked before walking out of the room with that stinky little attitude she always carried. Uncle Gio strictly forbade art in the house especially painting. He only had two paintings in his whole house, and supposedly he only had them because it was family heirloom. Why did I even think of giving her a painting? She always rats me out! Uncle doesn't know that I have all of that supplies, if she tells him he will throw everything away.

I picked the painting off the ground and saw how all the paint splashed all over the floor and now it was all just a blurred mess. All the detail I worked on and the time was thrown into a garbage bin. I sighed and closed my eyes to take a deep breath and hope for everything to be better.

When I opened my eyes again I looked turned the painting around and realized that Rose hadn't done any damage to the painting as a matter of fact she made it look ten times better. The smudges of the paint and its imperfections made it perfect. I placed the poster on my painting board and moved it close to the drying spot in my room.

There is me again trying to look at bad things like something good.

I picked up my paintbrushes and threw them inside a dirty glass jar before placing them over my dirty wooden art desk.

After a couple of hours, thepainting dried up so I could finally hang it on the wall with all the otherpaintings I had made over time.
I knew my passion was always going to be painting, it's what kept me alivethrough all this mess.

I always took my paintings to a hidden room and stored them all in there. I hoped that no one would ever find them.

"Isabella, come here!" Uncle Gio called from his office. I bet rose already told him about the painting I did... if he finds out I paint he will ruin me. Since I couldn't clean at that moment I locked the door of my room and raced over to his office. I knocked three times on his door and waited. When he opened it he looked more happy than worried and that felt like a relief to me. Wow, for the first time, Rose didn't tell!

Rose and I had become distant over time. She started changing and doing bad things so I started to keep my distance from her.

Gio was always wearing an old monocle, it truly suited him.

His suit also looked as ifit were made just for him. "Hello, uncle Gio!" I said not realizingthat my overall was completely dirty and stained with paint as well as my armsand face. Gio took one look at me and grimaced. He looked slightly disappointedin me.

I ran back upstairs and scrubbed all of the paint off my skin. The water came out in all sorts of colors. After endless scrubbing my skin had turned all red and inflamed, but I was just too worried to even care about it. I pat dried myself and ran back to his office. When I came back he was in a good mood so he surprisingly didn't kill me for having paint all over myself which was strange. He would normally ground me for that.

"Isabella, since you have been living with me for two years now I think it's about time you see something. Follow behind and don't touch anything!" He lead me to his enormous bookcase and pushed a few books to the side which revealed a few buttons on the wall. When I saw the buttons it did not take me long to find out why they were there.