Chapter 25 Hidden truths

"Do you want to know why I like him more than you? Because he was everything you aren't! And I love him for that... more than anything in this world. And I despise you for shooting him." I yelled using up the last bits of energy that I had left. "Hmm, well I think I know how to solve that little problem that we have here. If you really know him so well... did you ever hear about all the innocent people he has murdered, including women and children?" He spoke slowly, his mouth really close to my ear as he put a lot of emphasis on his last sentence.

I did not want to listen to Ryan's twisted words, but some part of me knew they were true, and all I had to do was to learn to accept them. I faked a sad look, for him to feel like he was winning at his game. Winning my heart. I could try and seduce him to gain access to things like a phone or a computer. Or I could make things simpler and kill him during his sleep.

As I thought about possible outcomes I noticed the expression on his face change almost like he began losing patience with me since he had no idea what I was thinking about. "You know your lucky I respect women... If I didn't I could just tear your clothes off involuntarily. But I won't because I plan on earning your heart the fair way." he stared at me as he crouched down and placed his index finger under my chin lifting my face to meet his wicked eyes, which I somehow found once charming.

I did not want him touching me, but I had to pretend like I wanted his touch... like I craved it. My eyes softened and I stared at him with an innocent look. He grinned at my reaction. "Thank you for respecting women... for respecting me. I admire you for that and it's even a bit attractive." I smirked at him and it caught him by surprise. I bit my lip in an attempt of hinting to something he knew he wanted more than anything in the world.

"Why don't you bring me some whine and we can celebrate my new found freedom thanks to you." I cheered. He nodded in agreement ad stood up. "My girl is smart!" And you are stupid. He patted my head as if I were a dog and left the room. I used the time he was gone to think about my next moves, but in a matter of minutes my thoughts were interrupted by the rattling of the door knob.

Geez is he the flash?

I crossed my legs on the floor and pinched the bridge of my nose as I watched him walk in with a tray of snacks two wine glasses and a whine bottle. "Here is your food love!"

This lunatic is only searching for someone to love and care for because of the void he probably wasn't able to fill during his childhood.

He pushed the tray of snacks next to me and sat on the floor, before setting both the wine glasses and popping the whine bottle open. "Allow me to go turn on the light." I stood up to turn it on before receiving a reply. By the time that I turned back around he had already poured wine in both glasses and lit up a tiny candle. This gave me another way of killing him: burning him to death. Getting rid of him was all I could think about.

I sat down next to him and ate all of the chips and broccoli he brought. What a weird combination that was. He only watched me as he drank some of the wine in his glass. When I was done eating and he had drank enough I decided to make my first move into the plan.

"I think after all that you told me I will break up with Lorenzo once I am free, I can't believe it. No wonder he was hiding things from me all the time." I lied. "Well now that this little celebration is over I better get ready for work, and I am happy you finally realized what I wanted you to realize." He smiled and stood up. Once he reached the door I bolted towards him, but he held my hand from touching the doorknob. "Not so fast princess, you will have to earn your freedom." I hated it when he called me that, it made me want to puke, I did not my best not to show it though.