Chapter 27 Finding Freedom

I stood up wiping the dirt off my shirt. My business here is almost done. I kicked his body under his desk and it left a trail of blood, but at this point no one would find out what happened if the whole mansion were detonated.

I heard some people running outside of the office, so I assumed it was the guards. Probably concerned about rescuing him. There was no bringing the dead back so they could try as much as they wanted, but he was dead. I rushed out the doors of his office and began running away from the guards.

Gladly they hadn't spotted me so I continued running. I pulled the grenade out of my pocket and pulled the small pin out of it. I threw it inside the house and closed the entrance doors. They probably wouldn't notice what happened until their heads blow out the window.

For once in my life I was 100% free from the life I was forced to grow up into. I was free from the torcher, the crime that they made me do. I made sure to sneak as much cash as I could from the entrance before the house exploded. I was finally wealthy!

I drove straight back to my home, where I still had to solve the issue with Bella. I couldn't help but wonder what she was doing while I was away.

ISABELLA

I lit a bunch of candles and lowered the blinds for the final touches of the dinner I had prepared for Lorenzo as the grand surprise. I wanted to ask him about him cheating on me since I arrived at his place, but I wanted to catch him a bit off guard so I baked a pie with a picture of him and the blonde inside it.

I listened to the door knob rattle as a key pushed through the keyhole. He came in with a large smile on his face. He looked around, at every single detail I had set up for this dinner. I lit candles and threw rose petals over the table.

The kitchen looked like a mess, but all that mattered was getting answers out of him so I did not listen to what he had to say and instead I dragged him to the table and told him to take a seat.

He did and glared at me suspiciously. "Isabella," I cut him off. "Cut the pie before you say anything. He looked shocked, but still did as I said.

When the knife ran through the fluff of the pie I could feel my curiosity raising. But time seemed to be against me as it seemed to take hours instead of second for him to get to the bottom of cutting the first slice.

When he hit the bottom and pulled the piece of pie out, he looked at the small plastic tip of the picture sticking out of it.

"What's this Bella?" He asked and I stood in silence, only staring at him, to watch his next move very carefully. He pulled the tip out to reveal the picture I had stolen from Ryan. His expression instantly changed after seeing it.

His face no longer had colour in it and his mouth had been sealed shut. He was speechless.

"Bella, it was years ago!" He yelled desperately to stop me from standing up and leaving, but I did not want to hear a single word from his mouth. His expression cleared everything for me, I had, had enough!

"It was years ago? Is that really all you have to say?" I exclaimed and ran up the lava stone stairs al the way to his room and locked myself in it.

It was stupid to lock myself in his room of all places, but that way he wouldn't be able to get his stuff. About two seconds later I felt the door knob rattle roughly. His fist collided with the wood part of the door, creating a loud thud.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!!" I yelled my lungs out, sick of seeing his face and remembering the kiss every time I looked at him. When I just slightly though for a split second about the times we kissed, all I could see was the blonde girl with pinkish lips and blue eyes making out with the man that was supposed to be mine, and mine only.