Class

(295)

"Inviolable Territory 1777"

☆ ☆ ☆

May 2, 1777

It has been three months since the convening of the European Conference...

The establishment of the European Pact, an anti-revolutionary organization, and the installation of police agencies are steadily progressing. In France, with the Department of Land Administration taking the lead, directives on nationwide communication and strict enforcement of revolutionary measures were issued on March 29, one month after the establishment of the European Pact. In line with the documents at hand, measures against the New Treatise of Government were steadily being implemented. The past six months have been filled with desk work, including meetings on countermeasures against the revolution, interim debriefing meetings, and meetings to predict the future.

A break? Hardly any, except for Sundays!

"First, address the New Treatise of Government and issue comprehensive directives for intensified enforcement to the police, military, and intelligence agencies. With the European countries setting 'standards,' it's become easier."

Not only within France but also in European countries (excluding the UK in the midst of civil war), the unification of enforcement standards has allowed for a streamlined response to the New Treatise of Government. Based on the European Pact standards, selected individuals from each country's police force manage and operate, adhering to the following standardized procedures:

- During the enforcement of measures against the New Treatise of Government, inquire about the reasons for supporting that ideology without recording the opponent's address, name, gender, etc.

- Immediately report to the king if there is a tendency of support or alignment with the New Treatise of Government among the government's upper echelons or the intellectual class.

- In case of surpassing the danger level criteria of the European Pact, request large-scale crackdowns and assistance from neighboring countries.

- Conduct reforms as swiftly as possible to prevent revolution and ensure tax reduction and social security for the common people to garner support.

- When sharing information, provide detailed records and promptly deliver them to headquarters.

With these procedures, police agencies in each country are enforcing measures, and government agencies have recognized the need for reform, ensuring steady preparation and action against revolution. This is considered a positive report. If this fails, Europe itself might disintegrate...

For now, after the European Conference, I've individually summoned representatives of each country for face-to-face meetings. It's not something to be resolved only at that gathering. After entertaining the guests, we delved into their inner thoughts. Prussia, Russia, and Poland remained somewhat unenthusiastic, leaning towards passive cooperation. Nevertheless, building a cooperative relationship with them is better than nothing. The situation was even more tense with the Republic of Krakow, as Russia and Poland had an antagonistic relationship with them which resulted in sparks flying. Please, at least for now, get along on the surface...

...So, the first challenge, the New Treatise of Government, along with the establishment of mutual cooperation for disaster preparedness in response to the Laki volcano eruption and the signing of a non-aggression treaty stipulating no wars for a minimum of five years in preparation for the anti-revolution war, were successively carried out. Four meetings lasting one to three hours each with representatives from various countries were held continuously for five days. I was quite tired on the last day and leaned on Antoinette, letting her pat my head before falling asleep.