Operation Stork

(155)

"The Coming Decisive Battle"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One year later... finally, the day when he and Antoinette finally commune as husband and wife, but a problem arose with Louis XVI...

Following the guidelines of Syosetu, this chapter contains a reference to the intimacy between husband and wife, but it is kept within the R-15 rating.

Please read with that understanding.

☆ ☆ ☆

November 2, 1773

Finally, today has arrived.

It's been three years since I was reincarnated...

Three years since I began the reforms...

Three years pass by in the blink of an eye. Before I knew it, it's already the third autumn since my reincarnation.

Various policies, such as the liberation of serfs and tax reforms, have been implemented from the early stages, and the domestic situation has improved considerably compared to the original timeline's France. Even the support for me, King Louis XVI, is quite strong, and the foundation of the country is gradually solidifying.

"Today is Antoinette's birthday, isn't it..."

Today is Antoinette's 18th birthday.

Yes, she's celebrating her eighteenth birthday since she came into this world. Do you understand the significance of this?

When we first married, we made an agreement to consummate our marriage when she turned 18.

That day has finally come.

In other words... under the agreement with Antoinette to raise an heir, we are going to try to have a child. You have to be in elementary school to believe that storks bring babies.

'To say that I've spent the past three years for this day is not an exaggeration. It's all for the happiness of both of us...'

Yes, for these past three years, I've been occupied with domestic affairs and have largely neglected the intimate aspects of our marriage. While a teenage boy in the prime of adolescence might have been entering a lecherous route every day, from my perspective, I had committed to eliminating as many uncertainties about the future as possible and raising a suitable heir to ensure Antoinette's happiness. So, there hasn't been much focus on matters of intimacy. Perhaps it's because of this that I'm liked by the pure and innocent Antoinette.

'But... today, we can't maintain that kind of relationship. We need to deepen our bond as a married couple even further. I was a virgin in my previous life, so I have no idea how to approach our first night together!'

The problem is, throughout my previous life, I had never experienced such activities. I would watch couples on the train being affectionate and think, "Why can't they just explode with happiness?" Once, a nude magazine got stuck in a waterway, and when I tried to retrieve it, I fell in and got completely soaked. The pinnacle of it all was in high school when my best friend's shoe locker was piled high with chocolate boxes on Valentine's Day, and I was given some of them.

"I don't need this much chocolate, so I'll give this to you!"

...I received obligatory chocolate... and I wondered if this was the taste of being in a real relationship. By the way, right after that, the girl from the same class who received my obligatory chocolate found out about it, and for a while, the girls wouldn't talk to me. That's pretty much the only sad memory I have.