Kraków

(143)

"Who!? Who Put in the Alternate History Mod!?"

☆ ☆ ☆

August 25, 1772

"Oi oi oi, Poland is definitely done for..."

Louis XVI, who has been dynamically altering the course of history he has been walking in real-time, is in a state where European history has been severely rewritten in the blink of an eye, with a 90 percent probability that it is definitely my fault. The remaining 10 percent is the current state of confusion, whether it is okay to celebrate the significant changes that have occurred due to the development that might have occurred in historical reality or to be perplexed. In any case, it is certain that I am in a situation where I am pulling my hair out. Just when I was enjoying the morning time with Antoinette in a good atmosphere, a single express mail that intruded into the peaceful time will put an end to it.

"Oh my, Lord Auguste, why do you look so serious?"

"Listen, Antoinette... Poland has split."

"Eh? Split... do you mean the country has been divided?"

"Yes, Poland's southern region declared independence... as the Republic of Krakow."

Let me clarify first, the Bar Confederation, which had been stationed in the southern part of Poland, declared independence from the Polish Republic. To confirm it once again, the Bar Confederation declared independence from the Polish Republic. They have established the government of the Republic of Krakow, with Michał Jerzy Poniatowski, the brother of the current King of Poland, as the interim head. The situation in the Polish region, which had been relatively stable in historical reality, began to smell fishy a few weeks ago, and on August 19, the first announcement of the independence of the Republic of Krakow was broadcast to the whole of Europe. It was completely unexpected.

"I've heard rumors recently that the Bar Confederation in the south has been holding off the Russians' fierce attacks... but no, declaring independence is quite unexpected."

"If they've declared independence, I suppose we should be concerned about their relations with neighboring countries... and the Republic of Krakow is in close proximity to Austria... I'm sure Mother and Brother are already taking action."

"That's right... from a geographical perspective, Austria is probably three days ahead of Versailles in terms of information transmission. Anyway, we need information... let's wait until we get more information."

Yes, unlike Saint-Domingue, it's probably not a problem that directly affects our country, so I thought we would be fine. But that was just wishful thinking. As we waited, the first voices of distress from the various officials who were busy dealing with the situation came into the room. The first to come for consultation was Marshal Claude Louis.

"Your Majesty, I apologize for disturbing your leisure time. May I discuss the matter of the Republic of Krakow with you?"

"It seems urgent, so go ahead, I don't mind."

"Then, with regard to our country's military officers who have been sent as part of the officer exchange program to Poland, they have announced that they are now members of the Republic of Krakow. And it's not just one or two of them, it's all of them..."

"...All of them belong to the Republic of Krakow?"

"Yes, as you can see here, they have provided certificates signed by each officer. There is a difference of opinion in the army about how to handle their situation..."