Let's Dance at the Ball

(15)

"Because There's No TV When I Woke Up, Let's Plan a Reform"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is my first post as the Battle on Wake Island will soon begin!

- Scarred G

☆ ☆ ☆

June 9, 1770

Good morning, everyone!!! I know this is early, but it's six in the morning! What are you doing so early in the morning?

It's still dark and not that busy in Versailles, so it's a quiet time of day. I'm up and working at this hour.

Yesterday, Antoinette and I were studying. Or rather, both of us are studying these days. When we finish studying, we are so tired that we dive straight into bed and fall asleep.

According to Antoinette, she was never very good at reading textbooks or studying since she was a child. She said that she has a hard time concentrating and can't even write...

To be frank, she didn't learn much when she came to France. So, during her childhood, her teachers were very worried about how to make Antoinette study hard. I hope it didn't shorten their lives.

But she has come here and she is changing, for the better, of course. She has learned a lot since I started staying up with her at night to help her with her studies. It is true that she is a bit hyperactive when we study together and sometimes loses her concentration. Still, Antoinette said that she'll study hard for Lord Auguste and after a short rest, she was studying hard again.

I try not to get in her way and give her advice when she doesn't understand a problem, and when she is tired and taking a break, I tell her jokes or make her feel at ease with a cheerful topic. I also try to take care of her stress by asking her to share her thoughts and opinions... if she has her own ideas, and also to tell me what she thinks are the obstacles in her daily life. I'm working on Antoinette's condition not only physically but also mentally.

It is the husband's personality to take care of his wife's problems and advice.

Antoinette is so cute!!! I must do it well!!! This is all so I can live happily with Antoinette!!

Do you know those domestic politics games that have a system that allows you to improve the skills of your ministers, etc.? The ones that start out with low stats but become stronger as you train them.

Antoinette and I have been working together to improve her 'stats.' Maybe hers have been improving a little bit recently. Everyone is full of things they don't understand at first, and there is no shame in not knowing.

If you don't understand something, take your time and try to solve it first with assistance. Next, try to solve the problem on your own, and you will be 80% successful in your studies. If there is a problem that I just can't solve, I skip it and move on to the next problem. When I study with Antoinette in this way, she is working hard at her studies with her quill pen running.

Furthermore, if I study with Antoinette and it's time for a break, we study while eating a simple snack. I'm living a bit on the fattier side, but as far as evening meals go, I try to avoid anything with high calories and study with cookies and a glass of Antoinette's favorite, hot milk.

Wehehehehehe... what a diabolical husband I am...

I had a part-time job as a tutor when I was a college student, so I had a little bit of familiarity with this kind of study-teaching side of things. That experience came in handy. You never know what will turn out to be a blessing in disguise, do you?