PAPAMAMA

(185)

"Congratulations"

☆ ☆ ☆

July 14, 1774

"I'm sorry, Lord Auguste..."

"It's alright, Antoinette. Take your time to rest. Otherwise, it might startle the baby. If you're feeling unwell, use the chamber pot..."

"Yes..."

Recently, I, Louis XVI, have been overly concerned about my wife, leading to anxious and jittery days. It was the fourth year since my reincarnation... and I was finally going to become a father...

Literally.

Antoinette had been confirmed pregnant on June 20, last month, when her belly moved due to the baby's movements. She seemed to be around eight months pregnant, but I had never expected her to be pregnant.

Antoinette had mentioned her increased appetite before, and he had heard that a strong appetite was a sign of pregnancy. He had noticed her body taking on a fuller shape, but attributed it to her being only 20 years old and still growing.

However, as her belly continued to grow, I began to wonder if she was indeed pregnant. Then I consulted a doctor, who confirmed her pregnancy.

The news came at a time when they had just concluded the 1st International French Fashion Fair, and the domestic economy and political system were undergoing significant reforms. I and Antoinette were thrilled by the pregnancy news, as we hadn't felt the reality of having a child despite our passionate nights together.

Antoinette was a bit worried because neither of us knew the criteria by which we could tell if she was pregnant or not. Nevertheless, we embraced each other in joy, knowing we could now announce this happy news to Archduchess Maria Theresa.

"Hehehe... I'm going to become a mother..."

"That's right... I'll take care of the work, so make sure to have nutritious meals and rest, Antoinette."

"Really? Are you sure?"

"Of course, if you were to fall and injure your belly, it would be a serious problem... For now, try to read books in bed and engage in light exercises that won't strain your stomach."

Antoinette had her share of responsibilities at the palace, and she handled various tasks as a member of the royal family. Lately, she had even been organizing events without the assistance of Princesse de Lamballe or Madame Louise Marie. However, until the birth, and even for some time after, she needed to remain at rest. Stress on the mother could affect the baby inside her.

Damn... I never imagined I'd become a father... I never even thought about it in my previous life. There was a time when I considered remaining a virgin and becoming a great sage, but now, with Antoinette, an incredibly beautiful woman, as my wife, and her being pregnant, I have a responsibility as a father. I can do it... It turned out exactly as the saying goes.

"Congratulations, Your Majesty! The entire Department of Land Administration congratulates the Queen on her pregnancy!"

"Congratulations! Vive la France! You can trust us with anything related to the Queen! We're here for you when Your Majesty is busy with work, so please don't push yourself too hard!"

"Congratulations! We'll prepare meals tailored to the Queen right away!"

...So, when I reported the results to the attending physician, it turned into a festive celebration. As a celebration of the Queen's pregnancy, a small party was even organized. I thought it was a bit too extravagant just for a pregnancy, but in the era where the bloodline was highly valued because it was the duty of the King and Queen to produce heirs and princesses, it remained the most important thing.