Swedish Noblemen

(200)

"Baths of Versailles"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finally hit 200 chapters and this is my first post.

☆ ☆ ☆

November 11, 1774

Louis XVI is someone who once wrote about bathing in his desires and diaries, and even submitted a diary for summer homework when he was in elementary school, which made the teacher laugh out loud when they saw it. It's because the characters look alike. Yeah, I didn't even need to remember that.

Now, I wonder how many people are curious about where he is now. The new public bath, "Public Baths of Versailles," located inside the Palace of Versailles, has finally been completed. The construction period lasted for a full three years. Originally, it was supposed to be completed around spring two years ago, but there were some problems. During the construction of this facility, lightning struck and burned down the framework of the bath under construction.

Fortunately, there were no casualties, but the real problem came later. Even after the lightning strike, the drainage system of the bath didn't function properly, and the pipes used to draw hot water suddenly burst without any warning. Various malfunctions and defects were found every time an attempt was made to open the facility. Upon receiving reports of these malfunctions and defects, I decided to conduct a thorough investigation and improvement while also suspending construction until the issues were resolved.

"I can only think that the lightning struck to ensure that the public bath is properly built... That's the only way to see it... At this point, we need to thoroughly identify and correct all malfunctions and defects to create a proper bath."

We couldn't afford to rush the project because if there were more issues or defects found after the construction was completed, it would be a major problem. After all, this is the palace where the king resides, and it involves authority. So, I asked the site supervisors and others involved in the construction to report any issues immediately and to carry out extensive revisions if necessary, even if it meant extending the completion period. As a result, the construction period was extended by more than a year, and today, we have finally achieved completion. This led me to visit every corner of the Public Baths of Versailles along with the architect who led the redesign of the facility.

"The public bath is finally here... It's even more spacious than I thought."

"Yes, we reduced the number of bathing tubs from the original plan and added more washing areas. We've also made arrangements to provide soap, towels, and such."

"Well, it was definitely a good decision to ask you for the redesign. Claude Nicolas Ledoux... the exterior design is quite futuristic, and the circular building with a design reminiscent of ancient Rome is excellent. I want to emphasize harmony in this new era."

"Haha, it's all thanks to Your Majesty's support. Thanks to your generosity, I was able to create my masterpiece in architecture."

Claude Nicolas Ledoux, a member of the Royal Academy of Architecture known for his preference for geometric shapes and fame as a neoclassical architect. He had the skills to be invited to the Royal Academy of Architecture, so his abilities were unquestionable. Although the initial architectural plans changed, the public bath that he redesigned ended up being beautifully designed with a refined aesthetic reminiscent of ancient Rome. Upon inspecting the interior of the newly completed public bath, it was clear that it was filled with Roman-inspired designs.